Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with A K
Hero raises to $0.06, 1 fold, CO calls $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, 2 players fold

Flop: ($0.21) 5 7 Q (3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.21) Q (3 players)
Hero bets $0.12, CO calls $0.12, BU folds

River: ($0.45) J (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Villian's range should be capped on the turn correct? what do we think he is calling with?

I am thinking he can call turn with 87,65,88,99, maybe 98 with a club, any decent club. On the river the Jack doesn't really hit any of his range, is this a safe card to barrel river or should we give up? its hard to predict if villain is capable of laying down pairs or not... at 2nl a-lot of times they get sticky with top maybe even middle pair. I try to take note of this and adapt but sometimes you need to test the water and get called to know if they are playing that way or not... I don't usually try to bluff much and especially not anyone off top pair but it can be difficult to bluff at all because it feels so often that players at 2nl will be sitting here holding trips and slow-playing lol. I can represent flushes, trip jacks and what not on river?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
Out of position against two opponents I would also skip my C-bet and check-fold to significant aggression.

Turn
When they checked back turn, this does indeed cap their ranges, so I think, its ok to go for a delayed C-bet, when you pick up equity.

River
I think, its fine to check. Its not only, that most players at 2NL are calling stations. Its also, that you have showdown value. You still have the nut nothing, and part of his range is busted draws like 86 or KT with K of clubs. And often a passive player will just check those hands back and give up.

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All combo's containing the nut flush blocker are good hands to bluff with. Because you don't really open that much junk UTG hands like AJo AQo AKo with the nut flush blocker, depending on action and runout, can become your best bluff combos. Considering that all your suited aces and kings of clubs and all queens are now betting for value I don't think it's a stretch to bluff with AcKd here.

However, considering player pool tendencies I think you'll have to under-bluff this spot and then AKo becomes one of the better combos to check because you have some showdown value if villain checks back. A lot of your premium pocket pairs and middle pairs are also fine check/calling so villain will have a hard time getting you to fold a considerable part of your range by betting the river, making it more likely that you get to showdown for free.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Std river over bet vs a capped range and nut flush draw in your hand. Your opponent isn't going to have many missed draws, or he would have bet them on the flop or raised the turn, so you have very little showdown value. His range is mostly mid pairs and 7x.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: standard.

F: cbet to 67-75% pot, you have to try to win the pot vs wide flatting ranges pre. OOP and multi-way will just get more complicated on later streets, unless you hit. nl2 players understand that they can take the pot away on later streets vs checking ranges.

Don't get into habit of "check or check-back showdown value or drawing equity": just play simple TAG, meaning bet until you face aggression, or bad runouts come that hits opponents' ranges. nl2 is too loose for that, opponents will bet facing checks for no reason and then you're playing guessing games.

T: as played, awkward spot, I guess either bet/fold or check/fold is ok.

R: as played, check/fold is best.

Full Flush Poker