$2 NLHE 6-max: AKo BU squeeze... wet flop!

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Pre flop is fine, but on the flop vs the caller we have to be careful. I think my value bets were a bit thin, especially on the turn. V should have a lot of 2 pair or pair + draw after the flop is called.

I also was planning to fold to any raise on the flop or turn... V has AJs, TT, and 2 pair combos. Obviously I have better hands that could continue to a raise.

Given the xcall xcall line by villain, is there room for a river thin bet?

MP: 195.5 BB
CO: 98 BB
Hero (BTN): 104 BB
SB: 255 BB
BB: 26.5 BB
UTG: 222.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:diamond: A:heart:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, fold, fold, CO calls 8 BB

Flop: (26.5 BB, 2 players) Q:heart: K:spade: T:heart:
CO checks, Hero bets 9.5 BB, CO calls 9.5 BB

Turn: (45.5 BB, 2 players) 5:spade:
CO checks, Hero bets 15 BB, CO calls 15 BB

River: (75.5 BB, 2 players) A:spade:
CO checks, Hero checks

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop is fine, but on the flop vs the caller we have to be careful. I think my value bets were a bit thin, especially on the turn. V should have a lot of 2 pair or pair + draw after the flop is called.

I also was planning to fold to any raise on the flop or turn... V has AJs, TT, and 2 pair combos. Obviously I have better hands that could continue to a raise.

Given the xcall xcall line by villain, is there room for a river thin bet?

MP: 195.5 BB
CO: 98 BB
Hero (BTN): 104 BB
SB: 255 BB
BB: 26.5 BB
UTG: 222.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K A

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, fold, fold, CO calls 8 BB

Flop: (26.5 BB, 2 players) Q K T
CO checks, Hero bets 9.5 BB, CO calls 9.5 BB

Turn: (45.5 BB, 2 players) 5
CO checks, Hero bets 15 BB, CO calls 15 BB

River: (75.5 BB, 2 players) A
CO checks, Hero checks

Thank you for posting

Most of the time we are going to get the hammer dropped on us by sets and straights on the turn so yes you can thin value some players on this river.

As to folding flop you have outs to beat sets and 2 pairs so folding on flop to a check raise is not the most effective EV play unless the V has no pair plus draw check raises here.

Hope this helps
:):)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
As a squeeze I like the 3-bet to be in the 12-13BB ballpark.

Flop
This is one of those flops, where TPTK is not nearly as great, as it sounds. There are flopped straights and a ton of two pair combos, that are all over both players ranges. I would actually be interested in knowing, what a solver says about a situation like this. Maybe we are supposed to bet almost our entire range for a small size, like you did? For me personally though I would check back some hands here, and this would be one of them.

Turn
Complete blank and as played I guess, its fine to go for another small bet? For me I would have checked back flop, and then I would either call his bet now or go for a relatively larger bet into a smaller pot.

River
I guess, you can bet small like another 15BB trying to get crying called by worse two pair hands, and then fold to a jam. But its a very exploitable line, and I would typically be happy to just check back and take a note on, what he had. The issue being of course, that it opens up a bluffing opportunity for him, if he take a hand like QT and jam it in your face rather than call.