$2 NLHE 6-max: AKo 3bet pot OOP flop decision on Q high board (mid-stack)

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
888Poker Snap, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.19 (60 bb)
MP: $3.79 (190 bb)
CO: $0.75 (38 bb)
BU: $0.80 (40 bb)
SB: $1.22 (61 bb)
BB (Hero): $1.03 (52 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with K A
UTG raises to $0.04, 4 players fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.14, UTG calls $0.10

Standard 3bet preflop

Flop: ($0.29) 7 4 Q (2 players)
Hero bets $0.12, UTG raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.12

Smaller cbet size given I have a Kd, I may do similar sizing with AdKx
if I don't have a Kd or Ad, perhaps bet 70% or check/fold depending on villain stats

Not sure villain min-raise range here, QQ maybe 4bet preflop?
But 3x raise I should be folding.

Turn: ($0.77) 6 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.65 (all-in), UTG calls $0.65

I don't think I could fold here given mid-stack.
I may play AdKx the same way

UTG, VPIP/PFR/3bet/AF 19/15/8.8/1.6 over 130 hands
888 NL2 default buyin for 6max is 50BB

Questions:
1. What do you think villain min-raise with on the flop?
2. How you play this hand?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flop, min-raise is usually either nuts with QQ, or maybe AdJd. I don't like having the Kd here as we block a lot of bluffs. He might also have some AdQx here, I certainly can see that at nl2.

Turn, the stupid 50BB buyin makes this awful. I check/fold I think, your jam never gets called by worse and there is no point in doing a smaller bet.

The guy raised you on the flop, and the diamond draw came in. No real fold equity here. I certainly can't fold AdQx, QQ in this spot if im villain.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3B oop bigger. At least 4x the rfi size.

1. Min raise’s are usually the nuts. The times they aren’t the nuts seems to be shared between positions of “I have a nutty draw” or “I have a pair and I have no real idea how to proceed”

I don’t think we should assume villain doesn’t have QQ here. But possibly discount it largely, you raise a nitty looking utg rfi from bb when you only had to call 1bb. A lot of villains will (rightly I think) believe your pretty nutted here at NL2.

The spr is 3ish. I like the range bet! We block combos of fd’s that’ll continue, KQ and AQ.

With the Kd we also have to continue in some way. I might raise/jam the bdfd and call the nut fd, we have value here. AA, KK, AQ and QQ. So calling with Axdd and AA, AQ raising QQ, KK and some weaker fd’s and bd fd’s might be good. Either way folding to the mins out.

I hate the turn jam. We’d likely x/r made flushes.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are you playing 52 BBs deep?

You seem to have missed the Poker 101 class 'Learning to play good solid poker' . The population at $2 NL is, for the most part, a group of lobotomised spew muppets. Learn to play a value based game, and then worry about all the concepts that are clearly racing through your head.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are you playing 52 BBs deep?

You seem to have missed the Poker 101 class 'Learning to play good solid poker' . The population at $2 NL is, for the most part, a group of lobotomised spew muppets. Learn to play a value based game, and then worry about all the concepts that are clearly racing through your head.

Buyin for nl2 on 888 is 50 BB. Please remeber to be to be respectful. :)

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3B oop bigger. At least 4x the rfi size.

1. Min raise’s are usually the nuts. The times they aren’t the nuts seems to be shared between positions of “I have a nutty draw” or “I have a pair and I have no real idea how to proceed”

I don’t think we should assume villain doesn’t have QQ here. But possibly discount it largely, you raise a nitty looking utg rfi from bb when you only had to call 1bb. A lot of villains will (rightly I think) believe your pretty nutted here at NL2.

The spr is 3ish. I like the range bet! We block combos of fd’s that’ll continue, KQ and AQ.

With the Kd we also have to continue in some way. I might raise/jam the bdfd and call the nut fd, we have value here. AA, KK, AQ and QQ. So calling with Axdd and AA, AQ raising QQ, KK and some weaker fd’s and bd fd’s might be good. Either way folding to the mins out.

I hate the turn jam. We’d likely x/r made flushes.

Yes I agree I shouldn't continue after min raise given villain stats and tends to be nuts heavy, turn jam indeed it is quite horrible

Villain had AdQs here

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Min raises aren't necessarily the nuts I've seen it done many times with marginal hands.
Either way you are behind his min raising range here and should fold on flop.

J

julianjjboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. I think villain min raise on flop, he rep he have AQ,AdJd these hands. About 22-JJ,AK maybe AJ with non-flush-draw, he just cold call and pot control is better.
2. With mid-stack, I think I will 3bet bigger size, maybe 0.24, then I can easily put money at turn. It looks like make sense.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hate the turn jam.

At this level I assume most villains are playing face up so I find the fold to that flop reraise.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the 3bet preflop is weak 2.5X u r playing micros u need to bet bigger, on the flop the cbet is very weak too under 1/2 pot, when u get raised it's an easy fold u dont have anything and even if u hit an Ace or a K on the turn u could easily be dominated against AQ or KQ u really dont have any good card to hit and feel confortable with. for me easy fold on the flop. after that the push is non sens u'r push will mean that u have a weak flush how can u 3bet preflop with suited connector of diamonds that dosen't make any sens. plus there is no room for bluffs in the micros, u can cbet with air and thats about it.