$2 NLHE 6-max: AK tptk facing turn/river donk

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im probably getting the right price to call but vs this line is a somewhat exploitable fold perhaps a better line for Hero ? possibly it's not even that exploitable seen as it was 3 way to the turn and river with villain taking the initiative. How about a turn raise ? that seems like a pretty big over play to me but your thoughts ?

Full hand and result here please reply before viewing.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/497545205?t=01h17m40s

Cheers.

CO: $2.52 (126 bb)
BTN: $1.71 (85.5 bb)
SB: $1.17 (58.5 bb)
BB: $2.57 (128.5 bb)
Hero (UTG): $2.06 (103 bb)

SB posts $0.01, BB posts $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has K A
Hero raises to $0.06, fold, BTN calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.24, 4 players) 5 A 8
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BTN calls $0.12, SB calls $0.12, fold

Turn: ($0.60, 3 players) 4
SB bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28, BTN calls $0.28

River: ($1.44, 3 players) Q
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $1.25 and is all-in, fold, Hero?

Last edited:
S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a really nasty spot. It does demonstrate the power of position, though.

Depending on the tendencies of the button, that could be a call or a fold. Is AQ in his button calling range preflop, or does he usually 3 bet that? Certainly all of the other Aces up hands are in his range, and all the undersets.

The trouble with your river check is that he might now be convinced that his AJ or AT is good.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without any previous on villan don't think I'm laying this down sure you could be beat in this scenario but think you've got probably the best hand you could have given your line.
I think a lot of his range includes spades which have turned a flush draw so he donked out something like A 7 spades which has top pair ,gutter and flush draw could be an option you've shown weakness so he pounced.

Think you don't need to give up betting lead here.
Think he's raising two pair or better on turn. He could of caught some kind of funky QX two pair on river but that could of been avoided with a bigger bet pre OOP. I'm calling here

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a very weird hand.

I think button is pretty nutted here. Alltough i dont understand why he didnt raise Turn if he had a set. Depends on villains tendencies as Sidetracked allready stated.
Given its NL2 and people underbluff i think its a good fold.

I give him following range:
Board: 8d5sAc4sQd
equity Win Tie
MP2 31.59% 31.59% 0.00% { AdKh }
BU 68.41% 68.41% 0.00% { 88, 55-44, 76s, Ts9s, Ts8s, 9s8s, 9s7s, 8s7s, 8s6s }

mind that the suited gappers and connectors are spade only, as he wouldnt continue turn without an FD

Without any previous on villan don't think I'm laying this down sure you could be beat in this scenario but think you've got probably the best hand you could have given your line.
I think a lot of his range includes spades which have turned a flush draw so he donked out something like A 7 spades which has top pair ,gutter and flush draw could be an option you've shown weakness so he pounced.

Think you don't need to give up betting lead here.
Think he's raising two pair or better on turn. He could of caught some kind of funky QX two pair on river but that could of been avoided with a bigger bet pre OOP. I'm calling here

Mind the action, SB donks turn BU just calls.
I dont think villain is pretty 2-pair heavy here. He would have raise any 2-pair without an FD on the turn. So the only combo i would give him is A8s in spades. His valuerange is sets and straights here imo

Last edited:
LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just had a second thought about this while watching youre stream. If he had a set, why doesnt he raise turn? Thats like a nobrainer. So ill give him following range:

Equity Win Tie
MP2 66.67% 66.67% 0.00% { AdKh }
BU 33.33% 33.33% 0.00% { Ts9s, As8s, Qs8s, Ts8s, 9s8s, 9s7s, 8s7s, 8s6s, 7s6s }

2-pairs A8+ Q8, 76s for straight he also only has in spades, because he would jam turn for protection. Rest is 1pair hands +FD he turns into a bluff.

Not so sure about that laydown anymore...

Last edited:
PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just had a second thought about this while watching youre stream. If he had a set, why doesnt he raise turn? Thats like a nobrainer. So ill give him following range:

Equity Win Tie
MP2 66.67% 66.67% 0.00% { AdKh }
BU 33.33% 33.33% 0.00% { Ts9s, As8s, Qs8s, Ts8s, 9s8s, 9s7s, 8s7s, 8s6s, 7s6s }

2-pairs A8+ Q8, 76s for straight he also only has in spades, because he would jam turn for protection. Rest is 1pair hands +FD he turns into a bluff.

Not so sure about that laydown anymore...

It's about break even vs that sort of range so calling is better than folding if the range is accurate. Im just not sure villain takes such an aggressive turn and river line 3 way with enough draws. It did go three way to the river so it's not like villain can get away with to many bluffs here as sb can definately have some strong hands as well.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's about break even vs that sort of range so calling is bettet than folding if the range is accurate. Im just not sure villain takes such an aggressive turn and river line 3 way with enough draws.

Its hard to answer without history. Only thing i saw in youre stream that he was green, wich means Fish i guess? A accurate Vpip would be nice but you didnt have sample as far as i could see. Guess youll have to fold these spots until you can get an feeling for his callingrange pre. If you include Ax in spades youre range is far ahead again. Then again who is so sick and turns TP into a bluff vs a UTG range.

S

Space635

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It could probably have two AQ pairs, or a sequence of 4 ~ 8! If it was me, I would fold too.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its hard to answer without history. Only thing i saw in youre stream that he was green, wich means Fish i guess? A accurate Vpip would be nice but you didnt have sample as far as i could see. Guess youll have to fold these spots until you can get an feeling for his callingrange pre. If you include Ax in spades youre range is far ahead again. Then again who is so sick and turns TP into a bluff vs a UTG range.

Btn 16 hands the reason for the fish tag is villain is playing less than 100bb so i auto tag those players as fish Sb 47 hands tagged fish for same reason. It's the end stat in white bottom line of the hud. And ye i mean it's a really splashy line considering i cbet the flop 4 way in to 3 players. And it gets called in two spots by villain and the sb then villain leads in to me and sb on the turn gets called in both spots and shoves the river in to both players. It kind of has to be crazy tilt for me to be ahead of anything villian has here i think and i dont have a reason to think villain is blowing up in the hand.

Last edited:
Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would do a block bet on the river and fold to raise.
As played, I would call with top two pairs or better.

V

Vlad Savchenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty tough spot to be in, and AK is probably the best hand that you can have at this point.

However BTN seems fishy (not a full stack), and general read says that they are passive beings that are unlikely to bet a middle-strength hand or bluff (especially OTR; I've seen people many times checking back hands that were mandatory value-bets).

This is a 4-way single-raised pot with 8-9 SPR, so stacking off with a pair doesn't seem like a good play at all.
Especially since there are tons of hands that can beat us (55, 88, A4s, A5s, A8s, 76s, Q8s, AQ). Sure he could raise earlier, but fish usually love to trap.

I'd fold here and just move on to the next hand. Calling is marginal EV at best, and realistically there aren't enough bluffs or weaker value hands that the BTN can show up herr with.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, this is a pretty standard fold. Typically you can not profitably get it in with one pair hands in a single raised pot 100BB deep. BTN only started with 85BB, but that is close enough to a full stack, that this still apply. He is not a cap stacker (40BB) or anything like this.

Also what do we even beat? There are no busted draws, so if we call, we are hoping to see a massively overplayed AJ or AT or a wild airball. I think, we can find better spots at 2NL than this.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I agree that this is a fold. After this villain made a snap call against 2 opponents, this can only mean that he has value. His stats and snap call indicate that he could catch 2 pairs or three, so I think it's fold.