Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $2.52 (126 bb)
MP: $10.68 (534 bb)
CO: $2.00 (100 bb)
BU (Hero): $0.70 (35 bb)
SB: $2.00 (100 bb)
BB: $3.11 (156 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with A J
UTG calls $0.02, 2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.26) 6 8 3 (3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.16, SB folds, UTG raises to $0.32

UTG limped/call preflop, then check/reraised on Flop.
Might have been with some pair, overpair, or flush draw. Anyway I was sure that I was behind at the moment, but pot size made me want to gamble with overcards (does it make statistical sense?). To make things a bit more confusing, after several nice sessions on the day, was having a bad moment.
What to do?

Flop: ($0.26) 6 8 3 (3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.16, SB folds, UTG raises to $0.32, Hero raises to $0.62 (all-in), UTG folds

Total pot: $0.90 (Rake: $0.03)
BU (Hero) wins $0.87

Well, really not expecte that. Maybe was a flush draw. Was expecting some kind of turn river rush with me behind.
Probably a bad move that worked in the end.

Last edited:
S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against 2 players with that flop, I would check back the flop.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he was probably trying to steal...you can steal on a board like that against a raise..i would think he would call the raise back if he had a piece of the flop since it wasn't that much more for him to call in terms of pot odds/how many chips are already in the pot. how was he playing before this hand? was he in a lot of raised pots?

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if your trying to steal the pot I think you have to fold to the flop raise. limping range that re-raised flop can be all sets,68s who knows, kind of a wet low card board.. idk if this is a flop to c-bet bluff at.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Love the isolation raise, and the size looks good as well. What I dont love is starting with 35BB in a cash game. Either use auto top-up, so you always have at least 100BB, or consider playing SnGs instead, if you dont feel comfortable with deep stacked play.

Flop
I dont mind the C-bet, but since its mostly an equity denial bet, I think, we can achieve the same result with a slightly smaller sizing. If they hit, they are not going to fold, and if they missed with a hand like QT or K9, they will also fold to something like 12c. And I want to get this away for cheap, because its pretty much a "one and done" thing especially with your sizing. If I face resistance, I am not putting more money in the pot, unless I improve.

Which also mean, that when someone check-raise, I am just out of there. Yes it sucks to fold a hand, which has at least some equity, but at 2NL I dont expect people to check-raise all that much as a bluff. And if I was expecting to get check-raised a lot, then I would reduce my C-betting and check back a hand like this.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree in the large part with guys. Re raise on the flop is a little risky move, but it nl2 and there are many beginner players. I only play like you isolation pre flop. On the flop against two players I probably would take a check back. This time you had good read on your opponent and you won. But still allin with two over cards on the flop is very risky move. I don't think so that it is good game. So, be careful with that game. GL :)

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly you were very lucky to face an extremely weak player. But in general if you want to bluff on the flop you need to have a stronger range image. When you play with such a low stack, your opponents will have a tendency to call wider, since basically any overpair could become a bluff catcher, because with the bet size you do on the flop it seems that you are definitely committing to this pot. This in general makes your opponents see you with a wider range.
Greetings.

KKillerss

KKillerss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against 2 players with that flop, I would check back the flop.

Yes, you are probably right in the majority of time. I usually dont bluff against many opponents, and with the 2 overcards Ive C-bet(gamble), expecting a call at most.

he was probably trying to steal...you can steal on a board like that against a raise..i would think he would call the raise back if he had a piece of the flop since it wasn't that much more for him to call in terms of pot odds/how many chips are already in the pot. how was he playing before this hand? was he in a lot of raised pots?

Playing zoom, with rotating villains all the time , I tend to get a mish-mash of readings, rarely marking someone individual. Its tough when the bar is set really low and we face an above average player.
Looks like Ive felt some weakeness on his raise instead of a sucking out attempt.

if your trying to steal the pot I think you have to fold to the flop raise. limping range that re-raised flop can be all sets,68s who knows, kind of a wet low card board.. idk if this is a flop to c-bet bluff at.

You are right. But even though trips were possible, Ive put him on a range of a flush chaser, or just a low pair. Not that I think it was the best move. I actually posted to figure out how bad of a move ot was!

Preflop
Love the isolation raise, and the size looks good as well. What I dont love is starting with 35BB in a cash game. Either use auto top-up, so you always have at least 100BB, or consider playing SnGs instead, if you dont feel comfortable with deep stacked play.

Flop
I dont mind the C-bet, but since its mostly an equity denial bet, I think, we can achieve the same result with a slightly smaller sizing. If they hit, they are not going to fold, and if they missed with a hand like QT or K9, they will also fold to something like 12c. And I want to get this away for cheap, because its pretty much a "one and done" thing especially with your sizing. If I face resistance, I am not putting more money in the pot, unless I improve.

Which also mean, that when someone check-raise, I am just out of there. Yes it sucks to fold a hand, which has at least some equity, but at 2NL I dont expect people to check-raise all that much as a bluff. And if I was expecting to get check-raised a lot, then I would reduce my C-betting and check back a hand like this.

Pre flop. I see your point. I just dont fit on SNGs, and right now I feel more confortable playing midstack, though it put me in an all in mode easier.
Post flop. Bet size, you have a good point. Have to learn the balance in not making a too small bet to tease the river hinters. Check raise was a red flag, but I thought I was getting in a 40/60 to 30/70 situation.

Hello, I agree in the large part with guys. Re raise on the flop is a little risky move, but it nl2 and there are many beginner players. I only play like you isolation pre flop. On the flop against two players I probably would take a check back. This time you had good read on your opponent and you won. But still allin with two over cards on the flop is very risky move. I don't think so that it is good game. So, be careful with that game. GL :)

Yeah, as I said frustation was getting some of me, the fold was a surprise

I honestly you were very lucky to face an extremely weak player. But in general if you want to bluff on the flop you need to have a stronger range image. When you play with such a low stack, your opponents will have a tendency to call wider, since basically any overpair could become a bluff catcher, because with the bet size you do on the flop it seems that you are definitely committing to this pot. This in general makes your opponents see you with a wider range.
Greetings.

Yes. Good players need to be aggresive, but unleashed it can make me a maniac loser.

Thanks for the input guys