Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello there Cardschat community, I have just a couple of hands played with this villain but I was certain that it was a fish, because it had a broken stack.
The player in the SB who called the Open Raise of 3x from MP was a NIT, but it didn't play a great role in the hand.
The Flop was good to my range, because I had two overcards and a back door flush, so I decided to make a small C-Bet flop because it was MWP, because I could get raised and my intention wasn't to make the Pot grow too much, without information if NIT/SB would be forcing or not, because when I make a small C-bet Flop and a NIT from the SB check-raises the Flop out of position against two players he has something decent most of times. (AK that it decided to call out of position versus EP, KQ, KJ, A5s, and once in a while KK, QQ, JJ, TT, etc). So, once again, I elect to call the NIT raisor from the SB, because I had good implied odds for making a flush nuts. If I raise here, I would only be paid by better hands and forced to go all-in either in the Flop or Turn)
However when it comes an Ace in the Turn, and the Fish in the BB decides to put all of his stack in the Pot, I found almost impossible to fold here. Please, let me know if you think different than this. So the SB NIT folds.
The Fish had Q5s from BB that it decided to defend given his conception of pot odds: "Oh! I have Qh5h and have to pay 4 to win a pot of 18, so I need to be right only 22% of times, so it is an easy call with many Tx suited, Jx suited, Qx suited and K's and A's as well". Respect to all the players always, but this is a very strange line of thought in my opinion. We are playing 2 NLHE, the reality is a little bit different.
First of all it is not a good strategy to play with less than 100 BB, so for that I defend that the player was a Fish. Because even when I have 100 BB and have to pay 4 to a Pot of 18, having 22% Pot Odds, I don't call most of times with Qx suited, and maybe I am playing wrong. Besides, I like to put myself in the Villain's shoes and try to understand why it dit it what it did it. So, I try to see if the Villain made a plus EV move in the Long Run or if it played passively trying to hit specific hands out of position. Please let me know what the population thinks over it.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524mcuxCU

Regards;

good game and good luck at the tables always!

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you played this fine. Just a bit unfortunate to improve to top pair on the turn, because it kind of roped you in. On a blank turn card you have an easy fold, when he jam.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think, you played this fine. Just a bit unfortunate to improve to top pair on the turn, because it kind of roped you in. On a blank turn card you have an easy fold, when he jam.

Good morning fundiver! Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it very much. I follow your comments and reviews here at the forum with enthusiasm, you are wise and reasonable.
I would like to ask your ideias about the Villain. Do you think it is okay to defend the Big Blind at 2 NLHE having Pot Odds of 22%, against MP raisor and SB caller, with all the T's J's, Q's, K' and A's suited? (considering the BB player with 100 BB Effective Stack).

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Good game and good luck at the tables always!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Q5s is way to loose. Actually you have to defend less not more, when SB has entered the pot, because he is supposed to have a very strong range.