MP: $2.00 (100 bb)
CO (Hero): $2.87 (144 bb)
BU: $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $2.27 (114 bb)
BB: $0.62 (31 bb)
[FONT=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with A A
2 players fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 players fold, BB 3-bets to $0.10, Hero 4-bets to $0.14, BB calls $0.04
[/FONT]
Flop: ($0.29) 7 6 7 (2 players)
BB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, BB calls $0.08
[/FONT]
Turn: ($0.49) 4 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.31, BB calls $0.31
[/FONT]
River: ($1.11) 5 (2 players)
BB bets $0.07 (all-in), Hero calls $0.07

BB's 3-betting range would be TT+, ATs,AJs,AQs,AKs,AJo,AQo,AKo,QJs,KJs,KQs I think.

I raised small because I wanted to increase the size of the pot but also make sure I kept villain in since I have AA. I didn't want villain to fold his worse hand, In hindsight I believe I could have made it larger regardless, but if I was trying not to make any fold equity then I feel like the 4-bet works since he has to basically call with everything that he 3-bet with since the sizing is so small. I am reading one of Jon Little's books and he is saying in small stakes hold'em some players raise to large with they're best hands and this can be a mistake because you really want to keep your opponents in when your crushing them.

On the flop villain min bet/donks, I perceive this as a check and bet 1/3 pot. What hands will call? do broad-way hands without diamond draws call this bet with just over-cards?

I am thinking A-highs will call, diamond draws and PP's will call. If we bet 1/3 pot on the flop we need villain to fold 24% of his range to make this bet profitable. If villain doesn't fold his missed broadways then I don't think he's folding enough for us to make this bluff profitable but I guess we can set up the turn to get more value with our premium hands an double barrel with our good bluffs?

On the turn
4c.png
rolls off. I decide to upsize to 2/3, to protect against FD equity and get value from weaker PP's. Maybe I can bet smaller to get called by villains AK,AQ here since they are drawing dead if they have no flush draw.

an awkward river as villain had 3.5bb left behind ... maybe I should have just put him all in on the turn. what do you think of the hand ? was the small raise pre-flop a mistake in your opinion?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree to the leveling game. But I don't agree with leveling for down. In other words, if your opponent makes a ridiculous 3-bet, it is not advisable to 4-bet super small size. If he folds large sizes, that doesn't mean you should give his junk hands equity.
I have experience in micro stakes and generally when a fish makes a min donk bet he is inducing you to bet more, because he is not afraid since he got a good hand, on the flop.
Other times a villain bets super small when he wants you not to bet too much on the next streets. Since you maked min 4-bet preflop, it is unlikely that the last thing I am saying is what the villain thinks.
So at this point I think it is acceptable to check the turn to keep all hands on his range. Here when you leave 7 cents behind this is equivalent to a jam, so the river call is mandatory even if we feel like we are absolutely crushed in this place.
Greetings.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
When he make this silly min 3-bet, I would just jam. The guy only started with 31BB, and he is going to call you with plenty of worse hands. And even if he folds, that fine. You win a decent sized pot, you deny his equity, and you also most likely shut this action down for the rest of the session. Next time you might be opening a hand like J9s, and then you dont want him to randomly minclick and force you to play a larger pot without initiative.

Cash game poker in particular is not just one hand. Its a session, and the dynamics created between players during this session is a very important part of the game. Which is why, when its close, you should always select the more aggressive option, because that puts more pressure on your opponents, and it will tend to tilt them more.

Flop
Now he min-donks making an already silly hand even more silly. I would not have seen a flop in this situation, but as played the general way, I approach min-bets is to basically ignore then and pretend he checked. The SPR here is less than 2, so there is no way, I am ever going to fold aces. If he outflopped me, I did this to myself by not sizing my 4-bet properly. My plan here would be to bet (technically raise) the flop and jam the turn, regardless which card comes. So I like your line, but you should make it slightly more to make the bet sizes more equal.

Turn
As I said already easy jam, which you essentially did, but dont leave him some meaningsless amount behind. All, this does, is to allow him to save his last 7c, if he ends up on the river with some busted draw.

River
This should really never have happened, because the chips should have gone in preflop or at least by the turn. As played we are probably beat now, but I am not folding AA, when I am getting like 15:1. Just sigh-call and pay the last 7c to see his hand.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Screenshot-757.png
Screenshot-757.png
[/IMG]

what do you guys think of this Turn-Leading Range for villain, is it accurate?

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 bet him to minimum 25c. The dude has a starting stack of like 30BBs... If he min threebet you like a dummy OOP, he is not folding to a 4bet cuz he's a dummy. You have to know when you are up against a moron.

I usually just shove in that spot and I cannot recall some dude ever folding his remaining 25BBs as played.

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3-Bet and 4-Bet sizes are a bit unusual. But I don't think it will be difficult to get stacks in by the river as BB has 31BB stack.

Overall the line of play taken by both players seems normal. The board gets scary with every coming street and Hero's equity against Villains range keep getting worse.
But considering the stack sizes, Folding Aces might be too tight.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just do normal size bets/raises. don`t try to understand fishes` mind

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how can I post a picture of ranges without putting only the link? I want it to show so people don't have to press a link or anything to see it

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually just shove in that spot and I cannot recall some dude ever folding his remaining 25BBs as played.

Exactly. When he does that min-click, he has some kind of reasonable hand. And even if its 66, T9s or KJo, he is not going to fold it for his last 50c. He already lost most of his stack, so he is happy to get it in and try to win some of his money back. Dont overthink simple spots like this against fish.