SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: A:club:

fold, MP calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4.5 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 3.5 BB

Flop: (10.5 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond: 2:club: 9:heart:
MP bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 11.5 BB, MP calls 10.5 BB

Turn: (33.5 BB, 2 players) 3:heart:
MP checks, Hero bets 33.5 BB, fold

Hero wins 32 BB

Need a little help understanding what combinations get called, to both the pre-flop 3-bet and reraise on the turn?
Fish was 91/17/2, calling everything and over folding the flop.
also a better sizing for the turn bet?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yatahay Network - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 100 BB
BB: 100 BB
UTG: 98.5 BB
MP: 240.5 BB
Hero (CO): 89.5 BB
BTN: 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A A

fold, MP calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4.5 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 3.5 BB

Flop: (10.5 BB, 2 players) 2 2 9
MP bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 11.5 BB, MP calls 10.5 BB

Turn: (33.5 BB, 2 players) 3
MP checks, Hero bets 33.5 BB, fold

Hero wins 32 BB

Need a little help understanding what combinations get called, to both the pre-flop 3-bet and reraise on the turn?
Fish was 91/17/2, calling everything and over folding the flop.
also a better sizing for the turn bet?

I gotta ask you a question: which hands could raise a limper IP to 4.5 blinds and when the flop comes, we bet 100% pot? TT+, mostly, because even when we own AK and AQ we don't do it.
The problem of the flop being so dry is that we give perfect decision making for Villain that now can fold very easy a lot of hands and continue paying only with 2x and 99 for example, and ever since we already sent 100% pot, if Villain raises or shoves, we are not going to fold.

The turn doesn't complete anything and Hero bets 100% pot, expecting to be paid from which group of worst hands? We don't believe that MP has a pocket pair and even if it has it will be very hard (impossible) to continue with 55, 66, 77, 88 and even TT and JJ would have to think quite a great deal in order to continue paying.

Hands that could pay us here are some crazy draws for some crazy aggro donkey type, or two pair and sets, hands that have us beat. For this sizing utilized, if Villain/MP pushes against us, we are not going to fold, ever.
This sizing utilized demonstrates that we only play like this when we do own, for example 99+ and 22 (only the nutted hands), turning the fold very easy, even for a recreational one, who are only looking down to its hole cards and clicking buttons.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I gotta ask you a question: which hands could raise a limper IP to 4.5 blinds and when the flop comes, we bet 100% pot? TT+, mostly, because even when we own AK and AQ we don't do it.
The problem of the flop being so dry is that we give perfect decision making for Villain that now can fold very easy a lot of hands and continue paying only with 2x and 99 for example, and ever since we already sent 100% pot, if Villain raises or shoves, we are not going to fold.

The turn doesn't complete anything and Hero bets 100% pot, expecting to be paid from which group of worst hands? We don't believe that MP has a pocket pair and even if it has it will be very hard (impossible) to continue with 55, 66, 77, 88 and even TT and JJ would have to think quite a great deal in order to continue paying.

Hands that could pay us here are some crazy draws for some crazy aggro donkey type, or two pair and sets, hands that have us beat. For this sizing utilized, if Villain/MP pushes against us, we are not going to fold, ever.
This sizing utilized demonstrates that we only play like this when we do own, for example 99+ and 22 (only the nutted hands), turning the fold very easy, even for a recreational one, who are only looking down to its hole cards and clicking buttons.

Regards;

This villan in particular was 95-19-2 !

The opponent donk/troll bet the flop 1bb
this told me with 75% certainty that they had neither hit nor draw, but would likely call any and every flop bet.

My 4.5BB flop bet was a re-raise.

However, against this playing style (lap), can we extract more when we actually have a hand with showdown value?

UTG: 128 BB
MP: 116 BB
CO: 51.5 BB
BTN: 172.5 BB
Hero (SB): 133 BB
BB: 107 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:spade: T:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond: A:club: 2:spade:
Hero bets 6.5 BB, fold

Hero wins 9 BB

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

this told me with 75% certainty that they had neither hit nor draw, but would likely call any and every flop bet.

However, against this playing style (lap), can we extract more when we actually have a hand with showdown value?
V stats suggest your preflop raise sizing is good as he will continue with a wide range. The 1 BB flop bet doesn't have any fold equity so it should be mostly a weak made hand, a strong made hand, or a draw. I've seen all three and it depends on V and board texture most of the time. Here there is no flush or straight draw. I'd expect V to have at least Ax here if not a pocket pair, 9x, or 2x or better that doesn't want you to fold. Raising is fine but a pot sized bet is risky as we will fold out too much of Vs range on average. Continuing with another pot sized bet on the turn should fold out most of the hands that we beat. We only managed to get 10.5 BB of value post flop on a super dry board. Had we sized down flop and turn we get much more value from overcards, 9x, and pocket pairs. By blasting a way I think we increase our chances of winning the minimum and losing the maximum when V who plays 95% of hands actually has 2x or better.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

UTG: 128 BB
MP: 116 BB
CO: 51.5 BB
BTN: 172.5 BB
Hero (SB): 133 BB
BB: 107 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9 T

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 2 players) 7 A 2
Hero bets 6.5 BB, fold

Hero wins 9 BB

Our dear mate Cornbread answered you very well.

Regards;

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
V stats suggest your preflop raise sizing is good as he will continue with a wide range. The 1 BB flop bet doesn't have any fold equity so it should be mostly a weak made hand, a strong made hand, or a draw. I've seen all three and it depends on V and board texture most of the time. Here there is no flush or straight draw. I'd expect V to have at least Ax here if not a pocket pair, 9x, or 2x or better that doesn't want you to fold. Raising is fine but a pot sized bet is risky as we will fold out too much of Vs range on average. Continuing with another pot sized bet on the turn should fold out most of the hands that we beat. We only managed to get 10.5 BB of value post flop on a super dry board. Had we sized down flop and turn we get much more value from overcards, 9x, and pocket pairs. By blasting a way I think we increase our chances of winning the minimum and losing the maximum when V who plays 95% of hands actually has 2x or better.

Our dear mate Cornbread answered you very well.

Regards;

Thank you cornbread, I needed to be told.

Although, if this type of villian is always to call on the flop (up to a large sizing) even after signifying a value to his hand by troll betting 1bb.

I suppose the troll bet is strong
Or neutral
Or incredibly weak.

I just get the sense they are folding the turn way to often to most small bet sizings to not get as much value out of the flop.

Which is why I need to be told, gentlemen.
Loads to think about.

But also frequently check and fold the rest of the streets.

Last edited:
Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
91vpip over how many hands?

It’s good sizing preflop with the bet. The flop i think would be a good to check and try to let a villain catch up and also to try let the villain lead out on a bluff and would be an opportune reraise. Turn in the scenario you are in I think betting 26-28bb is I bit of a better size, it allows for worse hands to call such as flush draws or overcards whilst giving them a terrible price. However I do think the line you took here is totally fine and the bet on the flop isn’t the worst thing at all it makes total sense still. I’ve noticed with a lot of fish they will call a little less than pot but pot and above they seem to fold a lot more.
Nicely played though still

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
91vpip over how many hands?

It’s good sizing preflop with the bet. The flop i think would be a good to check and try to let a villain catch up and also to try let the villain lead out on a bluff and would be an opportune reraise. Turn in the scenario you are in I think betting 26-28bb is I bit of a better size, it allows for worse hands to call such as flush draws or overcards whilst giving them a terrible price. However I do think the line you took here is totally fine and the bet on the flop isn’t the worst thing at all it makes total sense still. I’ve noticed with a lot of fish they will call a little less than pot but pot and above they seem to fold a lot more.
Nicely played though still

When I say check flop I mean just call the 1bb he will think you are exposed then.