$2 NLHE 6-max: AA mp vs utg flop decision

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone i started a micro stakes challenge 2nl-50nl fingers crossed , deposited $40 on pokerstars to kick it off. Ill hopefully be streaming some evening sessions in the near future and have a twitch account + youtube set up @Fvendal if you would like to check it out. Might be a few weeks possibly a month before i start streaming some sessions though. Any way id like to post some hands for feed back aswell.

Villain 13/13/0 - 9 hands
I decided to just flat pre in mp , usually id 3bet here but not 100% of the time. But thoughts on postflop raise/call ? i block alot of utg's flush draws.

cheers.

BTN: $1.96 (98 bb)
SB: $0.82 (41 bb)
BB: $2.48 (124 bb)
UTG: $4.43 (221.5 bb)
Hero (MP): $2.00 (100 bb)
CO: $2.68 (134 bb)

SB posts $0.01, BB posts $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has :ah4: :ac4:
UTG raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.15, 2 players) :3c4: :6c4: :10h4:
UTG bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, UTG raises to $4.36, Hero ?

Last edited:
G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not worth varying your play with aces at this level. I agree, 3-bet pre flop.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap call. Your hand is under repped. He could easily have pair+draw like 9c10c- folding here would be a disaster.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Six Handed, Always Raise with AA

Your hand is very under repped in this position

In my opinion, I would have raised preflop

With the decision you have postflop, it is a snap call for me

I am not folding

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snap call. Your hand is under repped. He could easily have pair+draw like 9c10c- folding here would be a disaster.

In one sense my hands under repped in another its over repped, ive taken a line usally expected from sets rather than AA. My range really doesn't have many flush draws here and im likely not raising the ones i have. Villain should have more draws than me here but knowing my line is alot of sets he should be pretty strong as well to shove. I did snap call i was just pondering the call and line afterwards.

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With little stats on Villain, it's hard to tell. But, this is NL2 after all so I'm definitely not folding. The board is fairly dry and it's very unlikely that anyone is shoving all in with a flush draw here, but not impossible(NL2). His bet size on the flop to me looks more like an overpair that doesn't want to give another card for cheap. I'd say 90% of the time when we call(which we should be doing) that Villain is turning over an overpair and the other 10% of the time it's a hand like 45c. Since Villain raised from UTG, the only real hand I'm worried about is TT. Weird line, but I'm calling for sure.

BTW, the only time I think flatting AA is a good play is in tournaments when we are in the HJ, BTN, or SB with short stacks behind that are likely to make a squeeze play on us. Also, that's only when there is one raiser and action folds to us. So maybe like 3% of every time I ever have Aces. 3betting pre with AA is the way to go.

B

blackburn44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he has definetly has a flush draw or a set. i dont think he has a possible straight draw on that low card board because of utg opening. (i assume the villian is not a loose player).

your hand is too strong to fold a flop in this area. but you could 3 bet aces cash games in preflop.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wtf is cold call with nut on the preflop? You dont need money?
Flop call ofc!

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Flat Call here on MP is dangerous. The possibility of another Flat Call and a MW pot is real, especially on NL2. Your hand lose too much value on situations like this so, for me, 3Bet Pre and play easy. Your raise on the flop have no sense for me. It's to difficult to extract value of anything weaker than your Aces here.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely you should have a 3bet in the pre-flop. On the flop the call is very easy the risk of the set is present but I have a big hand I will not waste it

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think like the villain.

In one sense my hands under repped in another its over repped, ive taken a line usally expected from sets rather than AA. My range really doesn't have many flush draws here and im likely not raising the ones i have. Villain should have more draws than me here but knowing my line is alot of sets he should be pretty strong as well to shove. I did snap call i was just pondering the call and line afterwards.

Thanks for posting.

We get lost in hands when we mistakenly believe that the villain thinks like we do. Our job is to anticipate how the villain thinks about us when they have little info. In low stakes games villains seldom have specific reads on us.

If the villain has no experience with us directly they will use the standard for the player pool.

IE player pool raise their flushes so villain shoves over pairs.
Player pool raises TPTK and won't fold villain shoves overs.
Player pool raise TPTK and folds to shoves villain shoves flush draws.

We have to see several instances to know what the villain is thinking exactly.

The key is to take note on what hand you get to see after you call. Then ask why they,
not you would shove?

Hope this helps

:):)

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

He could also take line with something like JJ, there are just too many hands you have crushed.