Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 131 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 2)
SB: 215.5 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
BB: 94 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)
Hero (UTG): 109.5 BB
MP: 104 BB (VPIP: 16.25, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 83)
CO: 92 BB (VPIP: 38.46, PFR: 15.38, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 13)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: A:diamond:

Hero raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9.5 BB, 3 players) 8:spade: 5:diamond: 2:spade:
BB checks, Hero bets 6 BB, MP calls 6 BB, fold

Turn: (21.5 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond:
Hero checks, MP bets 24 BB, Hero ???

TinkCzru

TinkCzru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call imo. Pocket 9's maybe? ... But these over bets oop usually is to scare you off your own flush and straight draws. Now if that turn was a spade or paired board, I might tank a little, but we're paying off here unless we know villain is exceptional.

As this hand is played for pot control, call and pray their is not a spade 6 or 7 on the river. We can't fold aces just b/c somebody over bet the pot. You have him covered so no reason to make pot bigger ip.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To early to fold so call turn re evaluate the river.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tough spot. if villain has shown playing draws aggressively by overbet post flop previously, then I would have an easy call here and check/call river if a brick card hits.

Without additional info, I would still call the overvet here but prepared to lose on showdown , just to find out more information on this villain.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the replies everyone. I was stubborn at the time and ended up rejamming instantly. He called because he had a set of deuces. A call would have been fine.
You win some, you lose some!!

Mootizit

Mootizit

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Check raise is the usual sign of a trips,but as played we shudnt fold,just call the turn and evaluate the river.

nikerules

nikerules

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it's easy call on turn and then you must make decidion on river, he could make this bet as block bet w his overpairs(TT+) something like T9s,J9,Q9,K9 or even A9 w FD or without it(maybe sometimes it could be someting like 78s or 65s w redro or floating w small poket), so you can't just fold, yes he would also had 67s and sets in his range, but it's still call on the turn

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise more preflop and bet more on the flop. As played (unless this guy is crazy), this is a pretty standard fold on the turn at NL2, and especially versus an overbet.

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just do the call, then if you are willing to throw aces make a small bet on river if didnt come daimond fnd U will see if opponent push all in - it's set most of the time bc u have that ace's.
It's poker, ace's not always perfect(
srr for my english

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems to me the best so we block possible sets, colors or stairs that can come out on the flop and always pre flop we will go with the advantage I think we will win many more times than we will lose

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heya all ~

I'm wondering if checking the T was opening the door for Villain. There's a poss straight on the board (which is what I had Villain pegged on). A reasonable CB might have changed things.

GLA