Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.07 (54 bb)
MP: $0.82 (41 bb)
CO (Hero): $2.21 (111 bb)
BU: $1.07 (54 bb)
SB: $0.05 (3 bb)
BB: $1.49 (75 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with A A
UTG raises to $0.06, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.19, 2 players fold, BB calls $0.17, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.45) T 4 3 (2 players)
BB bets $0.22, Hero calls $0.22

Weird donk-bet on this dry board. no read on villain donk-bet tendencies, so easy call

Turn: ($0.89) A (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Would expect villain to continue barreling with any set
Villain stats looks loose (VPIP: 34, PFR: 19) so don't expect many JJ/QQ here that I can extract value from. Almost no draw in this board so check behind to keep bluff in

Would consider bet here if villain is tight as his cold 3bet calling range is likely TT-QQ

River: ($0.89) 2 (2 players)
BB bets $0.44, Hero calls $0.44

random 65 may get there so calling here as I also block good two pairs

How would you play this hand?

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why just call on the flop, why not reraise?

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely bet turn here.
As played calling is fine on river as the board is now a 4 card straight.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain called Hero's 3-bet with UTG yet to play. That screams middle pair or suited connector to me. The donk bet on the flop means Villain has something, most likely a pair as high as JJ and as low as 77. (I think QQ+ 4-bets pre, and 66 and below folds to the 3-bet pre). or perhaps AT, JTs or T9s.

When the A hits the flop Villain checks after donk betting the flop. Why? She could have an ace, and is trying to induce, but it is more likely her JJ or TT is afraid of the ace. I agree with the check back to induce. It makes Hero look afraid of the ace too.

When villain bets the river the call is mandatory, but I think it leaves value on the table. It is true any five completes a straight, but how does any hand with a 5 in it make it to the river? Villian called a 3-bet with another player to act and then donk bet a low dry flop. The bigger question is "What hands would villain call a river shove (that looks bluffy) that Hero beats?" TT for sure. JJ, and T9? Maybe. Shove! most likely Villain folds, but hero can't be afraid of a very unlikely 5.

When the A hits the turn you checked back to induce bluffs and you got one.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why just call on the flop, why not reraise?

That is a pretty dry flop and our hand is very strong. We don't want to scare them off with a raise.

As for the turn I think I am putting out a bet there for some value although checking is not terrible.

On the river flatting seems fine to me. He will only call a raise with better hands.

IMO the hand is played pretty good. Maybe the turn needs a small bet for value but your line isn't terrible. River card sucks but it is what it is just call and if they got there they there.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Bet small on turn
2. Jam river

-----
On the turn you are saying that you assume his 3bet calling range is tight and then you assume he has the 5 on the river? Weird. On 2NL I would be jamming river 100% of the time, you are going to get called by worse easily, your jam looks super bluffy and fish on 2NL LOVE bluffcatching.