$2 NLHE 6-max: Is this a check down til the river?

playthosekings

playthosekings

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.boomplayer.com/32918231_10B23B8179

I have AdKd, the cutoff is a massive station and the HJ is a shortstacker with no information, presumably a fish

Normally with two limpers my sizing would be 3BB + 1 per limper, but these guys will call anything to see a flop, so I raised it to 7BB hoping to iso to one fish

The flop/turn/river come horribly for me and I have a measly ace high.

Now I know against stationy fish their calling range is a lot wider than their betting range
So even if they hit something, it is very possible they won't be betting into me, especially multi-way it is likely at least one of them hit this board with their rags
Is this proper to check down to the river? I think if I bet I will be in bad shape as the fold equity is so low

Maybe I should have raised larger preflop to try to iso one of the fish? I wasn't totally happy when this came multi way.

Appreciate any input

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Line: checking river 3-handed IP

https://www.boomplayer.com/32918231_10B23B8179

I have AdKd, the cutoff is a massive station and the HJ is a shortstacker with no information, presumably a fish

Normally with two limpers my sizing would be 3BB + 1 per limper, but these guys will call anything to see a flop, so I raised it to 7BB hoping to iso to one fish

The flop/turn/river come horribly for me and I have a measly ace high.

Now I know against stationy fish their calling range is a lot wider than their betting range
So even if they hit something, it is very possible they won't be betting into me, especially multi-way it is likely at least one of them hit this board with their rags
Is this proper to check down to the river? I think if I bet I will be in bad shape as the fold equity is so low

Maybe I should have raised larger preflop to try to iso one of the fish? I wasn't totally happy when this came multi way.

Appreciate any input

Hello there playthosekings, thank you very much for sharing it.

I think you played this hand very fine. Many players use to play AK as it is the nuts itself, they miss the board and triple barrel bluff, having no equity, just because they are holding AK and "AK is too strong".
AK, AQ, AJ and other similar broadways are only very good potential semi-bluffs, not hands that we should be bluffing regardless of board texture and opponents tendencies.
I like you checking this til river because fishes don't use their brains enough and could be easily calling here with 7x, 3x, 4x, 65, 22, 44, 55, 66, 88, etc. If we do bet they are not going to leave their broadways as well because they are very strong, so considering all of this, well played and good luck!

Regards;

Carlos "Aballinamion' Barbosa

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3bb +1 for each limp seems totally fine like u said they would of called even if u bet more and as for the checking down to the river that seems ok to me I probably would of had a stab at some point but these fish hardly ever fold and u have showdown equity with your A

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your check on the flop vs 2 weak players is good. When they both check to you again on the turn, at this point a delayed c bet would seem to be in order. With the 7 pairing on the turn, at this point is is quite likely you have the best hand.

And there's a good chance you would have folded out the QT hand that ended up taking the pot.