Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $2.01 (101 bb)
MP: $2.53 (127 bb)
CO: $3.02 (151 bb)
BU (Hero): $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $5.11 (256 bb)
BB: $3.81 (191 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with 7 7
3 players fold, Hero raises to $0.06, SB 3-bets to $0.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.19

Flop: ($0.52) T T 9 (2 players)
SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.52) 5 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1.25 (all-in), SB folds

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a very large 3 bet preflop.

Are you set mining, or do you think you have the best hand?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like your line when you think you can knock out a passive AK. Because an aggressive villain is probably looking to catch a brave QJ who throws himself out to sea. Otherwise your line seems very aggressive, considering that the villain who bets a pot on the flop, possibly has a formed value range and therefore your bluffs should be blocked.
I've actually seen these types of lines in micro stakes, so I guess it's a modern trend. But the point is, we should be sure that villain will have fold equity. In this case the 77 could be similar to 22. I mean, we are talking about a value that should be dominated by default.
Greetings.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold or shove, why call?

PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $2.01 (101 bb)
MP: $2.53 (127 bb)
CO: $3.02 (151 bb)
BU (Hero): $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $5.11 (256 bb)
BB: $3.81 (191 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with 7 7
3 players fold, Hero raises to $0.06, SB 3-bets to $0.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.19

Flop: ($0.52) T T 9 (2 players)
SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.52) 5 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1.25 (all-in), SB folds

I like the button bet with medium pair, although I would go a penny or two larger. When Villain 3-bets relatively big alarms should be raised. Hero calls $0.19 to win $0.34, when he is a likely 1/3 dog.

The flop is OK for Hero, but he is still a dog. The question is, "What does Villain have to justify a pre-flop 3-bet and OOP C-bet?" Big pairs, Broadways and suited Aces. If Villain has a big pair she is not folding and there are 24 combos of big pairs. It is possible Villain has a T or a 9, but unlikely. That leaves big broadways and two high cards. If one assume Villain holds 2 un paired high cards there are 14 remaining and a better than 50/50 shot to see one if the hand plays out to the river. About 1/2 of the time that card will pair Villain.

IMHO Hero should fold or shove the flop bet. Calling is too passive. The $0.50 call leaves Hero with just $1.25 behind with two cards to come. If Villain has a big pair she can raise 1/4 pot twice and get Hero all in.

As played, Hero's shove on the turn is too late and a coin flip on whether Villain has a big pair. Given that Villain folded, I assume she had face cards and Hero was fortunately not to have seen on on the turn.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
If you had opened UTG, 77 could just be folded, but when you open on BTN, Villain is supposed to 3-bet wider, and then you need to defend with hands like this.

Flop
If the guy flopped trips, or even if he had a strong overpair like AA or KK, why would he bet full pot? Why not bet something smaller, that a hand like 77 would have an easier time calling? Or even get a float from a hand like AQ. I think, this betsize is skewed towards a weak hand, but the issue is, some of those weak hands could have you beat, like TX or 88. So I dont know to be honest. I can see calling but I can also see letting it go and let him have it, when he is willing to fight this hard.

Turn
When he check to you, I think, you are very likely to have the best hand. I am not sure, I like your jam though. I feel, that it get all worse hands to fold and only better hands to call, so you are almost value bluffing here. Stacks are rather awkward, because he bet so much on the flop, but I could see going for a very small bet like 30c to possibly induce a spazz. If he has a hand like AK, which it pretty much looks like, he will hate folding to such a small bet, but he might also feel, he cant just call. So ideally you might get him to check-jam, in which case you snap him off. And if he just call, you have an easy check back on the river.