Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with A 9
Hero raises to $0.06, BB 3-bets to $0.24, Hero calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.48) A A Q (2 players)
BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.08) 7 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.08) 6 (2 players)
BB bets $0.68, Hero raises to $0.85 (all-in), BB calls $0.17

I was slow playing through out all streets and believed villain was bluffing on the river.

KKillerss

KKillerss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much left for V to be bluffing. Sometimes they get all crazy with middle or low pair, but facing ace trips? Smells like A6o

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Pretty standard for heads-up. Have to defend wider against 3-bets that we normally do in ring games.

Flop
No point in raising here, and folding would obviously be way to nitty. You have position and two more streets to get the rest of the money in, and its a way ahead way behind spot. Either he has a hand like AK or AJ, and has you drawing to 3 outs, or you have him equally crushed. So totally on board with just making the call here.

Turn
You have around 80% pot left, and on such a static board like this I lean towards making it a 3-street hand. Bet something really small here, that he dont want to fold to, if he has a hand like KK or QX. Annoying bet. Checking back is not terrible, but I think, a small bet is marginally more +EV.

River
I am never folding, but even though you only have 17c more left, I am not really sure, you can raise for value. To profitably call you only need to be good around 30% of the time, but to raise you need to be good 50% of the time when called. And if he is actually bluffing with "J high like a boss", he is not going to call even getting 12:1. So there is quite a wide gab between calling and raising, and I think, your hand is in that in between category, that should just call.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am going to get accused of being results oriented here but you will just have to take my word for it I watch the replayer by pausing and then hitting next and not watching it continually go through so I can make up mind at each decision in the hand as if I were actually in the hand.

Pre flop raise is standard, I dont love calling this large of a 3 bet to be honest but heads up I think we have to call with these types of hands or we are just going to get blown out of the water.

On the flop it is a no brainer flat call. If we raise we are just making every non Ax hand fold except QQ which has us anyway. The call also put at a stack depth that will allow us easily to get it in on the next bet should we want to.

On the turn, the 7 is not menacing but the diamond is not something that should be overlooked. It is not something that would scare me by any means but it should play a role in the turn decision making for both you and the villain. When villain checks that turn, whether I am right or wrong, I take all their Ax range away from them. No reason why Ax would want to give us a potential free card to a flush unless they have already have a boat and that is rare. So when they check I am putting them on something we are crushing and probably isnt going to put any money in the pot the rest of the way. With that being said I would be thinking the only way I can get them to possibly call is if they think I dont have Ax either (going to be a hard sell since we called pre and called flop). With that and also that we have less than pot left anyway I would just put it all in here and hope villain determines that my hand is a possible bluff or possible semi bluff with two diamonds. Will they fold to it a vast majority of the time... yes they will but again I pegged the villain in watching the replayer with about the hand they had so I need them to think of it as a bluff catcher and maybe get them to call.

Contrary to the above I think you could easily make a case that you could get the same EV or possibly more by checking and hope villain then interprets that as weakness and bluffs river which of course we would be snapping off (just depends on how villain plays rivers which we probably dont know at this point). I do think going through the hand that a lot of their hands are pocket pairs and those might just check hoping to get to a cheap showdown instead of turning it into a bluff or check to be the bluff catcher. I wouldnt like a diamond river though but I would live with it if it happened. Just imo I personally like just jamming it on the turn better

As played on the river we arent folding and its very interesting villain did not put you all in as it makes no sense to me from their perspective to make a bet that does not put us all in. I could see arguments for just calling or putting the rest in since it is so small. This bet is either a bluff, 77 or 66 always and odds are really against the bluff to be honest but I just couldnt fold here but as I clicked the call or all in button (again, Im indifferent on that isnce if it is a bluff villain would still call the 17 extra cents at that point) id be saying show me the pocket 7s or 6s.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not much left for V to be bluffing. Sometimes they get all crazy with middle or low pair, but facing ace trips? Smells like A6o

Preflop
Pretty standard for heads-up. Have to defend wider against 3-bets that we normally do in ring games.

Flop
No point in raising here, and folding would obviously be way to nitty. You have position and two more streets to get the rest of the money in, and its a way ahead way behind spot. Either he has a hand like AK or AJ, and has you drawing to 3 outs, or you have him equally crushed. So totally on board with just making the call here.

Turn
You have around 80% pot left, and on such a static board like this I lean towards making it a 3-street hand. Bet something really small here, that he dont want to fold to, if he has a hand like KK or QX. Annoying bet. Checking back is not terrible, but I think, a small bet is marginally more +EV.

River
I am never folding, but even though you only have 17c more left, I am not really sure, you can raise for value. To profitably call you only need to be good around 30% of the time, but to raise you need to be good 50% of the time when called. And if he is actually bluffing with "J high like a boss", he is not going to call even getting 12:1. So there is quite a wide gab between calling and raising, and I think, your hand is in that in between category, that should just call.

I am going to get accused of being results oriented here but you will just have to take my word for it I watch the replayer by pausing and then hitting next and not watching it continually go through so I can make up mind at each decision in the hand as if I were actually in the hand.

Pre flop raise is standard, I dont love calling this large of a 3 bet to be honest but heads up I think we have to call with these types of hands or we are just going to get blown out of the water.

On the flop it is a no brainer flat call. If we raise we are just making every non Ax hand fold except QQ which has us anyway. The call also put at a stack depth that will allow us easily to get it in on the next bet should we want to.

On the turn, the 7 is not menacing but the diamond is not something that should be overlooked. It is not something that would scare me by any means but it should play a role in the turn decision making for both you and the villain. When villain checks that turn, whether I am right or wrong, I take all their Ax range away from them. No reason why Ax would want to give us a potential free card to a flush unless they have already have a boat and that is rare. So when they check I am putting them on something we are crushing and probably isnt going to put any money in the pot the rest of the way. With that being said I would be thinking the only way I can get them to possibly call is if they think I dont have Ax either (going to be a hard sell since we called pre and called flop). With that and also that we have less than pot left anyway I would just put it all in here and hope villain determines that my hand is a possible bluff or possible semi bluff with two diamonds. Will they fold to it a vast majority of the time... yes they will but again I pegged the villain in watching the replayer with about the hand they had so I need them to think of it as a bluff catcher and maybe get them to call.

Contrary to the above I think you could easily make a case that you could get the same EV or possibly more by checking and hope villain then interprets that as weakness and bluffs river which of course we would be snapping off (just depends on how villain plays rivers which we probably dont know at this point). I do think going through the hand that a lot of their hands are pocket pairs and those might just check hoping to get to a cheap showdown instead of turning it into a bluff or check to be the bluff catcher. I wouldnt like a diamond river though but I would live with it if it happened. Just imo I personally like just jamming it on the turn better

As played on the river we arent folding and its very interesting villain did not put you all in as it makes no sense to me from their perspective to make a bet that does not put us all in. I could see arguments for just calling or putting the rest in since it is so small. This bet is either a bluff, 77 or 66 always and odds are really against the bluff to be honest but I just couldnt fold here but as I clicked the call or all in button (again, Im indifferent on that isnce if it is a bluff villain would still call the 17 extra cents at that point) id be saying show me the pocket 7s or 6s.

That's pretty cool.

Thanks guys.
First time ever I posted a hand review.
Really glad I have.
So without taking into consideration the final result.
I believe that mathematically I took the best decisions even though just recently I started to be able to incorporate a tiny bit of what I understand of Poker Math, which also is a tiny bit still, in my game.
Really got me thinking on how to strategize each street.

Thanks to y'all