MP: $2.00 (100 bb)
CO: $3.91 (196 bb)
BU: $2.44 (122 bb)
SB (Hero): $2.86 (143 bb)
BB: $1.83 (92 bb)
[FONT=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with J J
3 players fold, BTN raises to $0.06, Hero 3-bets to $0.22, BB 4-bets to $0.64, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.42
[/FONT]
Flop: ($1.34) 9 Q 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks
[/FONT]
Turn: ($1.34) K (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.34, Hero calls $0.34
[/FONT]
River: ($2.02) K (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.52, SB (Hero) folds

Pre-flop I am getting good pot odds to call, 2:1, I need to have 33% equity and I think I am ahead of AK,AQ , I think TT may also be in villains range if he believes I am weak and just trying to re-steal the pot or make a "move".

On the flop I naturally check, and V checks behind, this is interesting because I believe AQ should be betting the flop, as well as KK, AA. Turn is a bad card for me so I check again. V bets so small I feel like I cannot fold to this sizing even though the K is great for his range. OTR I check again and V bets 25% pot, I am getting great pot odds but I tanked for a while and I can not come up with a hand I am ahead of that he is betting for value. V bets 50c here and I think he left himself 30c behind, why would he not just shove here? I read this as a very strong play desperately trying to get value.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you thought that you beat villain on the turn, the BTN range may not have changed much on the river. In fact, he has made small bets of 1/4 pot. And we have some Ax hands that our V could use as bluffs. Perhaps this is unlikely in micro stakes and we are most likely beaten here. It would make me a little curious on the river though, if I thought was ahead on the turn.
Greetings.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
In theory this should be a loose configuration, because its a BTN open and SB 3-bet. But I just dont know, how many players at 2NL are capable of pulling a cold 4-bet bluff. I think, the majority might just call here even with hands as strong as AQ/AK or TT-QQ. The opponent also starts without a full stack, which makes me think, he is a recreational player, since almost all regs use auto top-up on Stars. So unless I had HUD-data or other reads telling me, that this guy was a maniac, I would probably just fold and let him have it.

And if he was a maniac like say playing 63/44, then I would 5-bet jam for value expecting, that JJ is way ahead of his 4-betting range, and that he will also call with plenty of worse hands. I dont think, I would ever call here, because playing a bloated 4-bet pot out of position with JJ is just extremely awkward, and you obvoiusly cant call just to setmine.

Flop
The SPR is only around 1, and there is an overcard on the board, but you do beat AK. Extremely awkward situation, which I would not have put myself into, but I guess, the plan is to check-fold, unless he bet really small like 10% pot?

Turn
This was a bad card for you, since now AK got there, and that is pretty much the only hand in his range, you were ahead of. He bet very small, but even so I would still fold.

River
I would never have gotten this far in the hand without being all-in preflop. But as played the second K block AK and KK, so I might get curious and lock him up. I dont see any point in calling turn and then folding now on the best card other than a J. But really I feel like, you are just paying off his very obvious value hands the whole time, and I would have prefered to fold preflop against most opponents.

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might have called on the river to 1/4th pot size bet as we have pair of Jack's and we also block JT.