Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 27/15/3

Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players

UTG: $1.94 (97 bb)
CO: $2.00 (100 bb)
BU: $1.84 (92 bb)
SB (Hero): $2.30 (115 bb)
BB: $3.87 (194 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with Q Q
3 players fold, Hero raises to $0.06, BB 3-bets to $0.21, Hero 4-bets to $0.50, BB calls $0.29

Flop: ($1) 9 J 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($1) 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.31, Hero calls $0.31

River: ($1.62) Q (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $1.54, Hero calls $1.49 (all-in)

Total pot: $4.60 (Rake: $0.23)
-----

Villain is a 27/15/3 (34 hands) and Fold to 3-bet is (1/2)

Pre-Flop
Was my 4-bet sizing way too small here? Am I giving AKo and AKs too good of odds to potentially flop top pair?
I have a low sample size on villain but he is trending toward LAG or TAG. I am putting him on AKo, AKs, 99,TT,JJ, and maybe KK.

Flop
I was scared he may have hit trips on this flop. Against this range on equilab I have 56% equity so should I have c-bet? I don't think there are any hands in his range that I am beating that he will call with. Should I have done a small c-bet to at least get folds from AKo and AKs and prevent them from getting draws?

Turn
The turn was a brick so I thought the situation was basically the same and I should check. Villains bet was very small, not sure what that means for his range? A weak bluff with TT or slow-played trip jacks into a value bet?

River
On the river I hit a set of queens but he now has 4 combos of TT and 1 combo of AKs that beat me. Villain then puts me all in. The only thing he is shoving on the river is TT unless he has slow-played 99 or JJ or if he is on a complete bluff with AKo,AKs. Are there enough bluffs and slow plays for me to call here?

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm curious, you 4 bet pre, yet play the hand post-flop passively and the complete opposite of your pre-flop action. Your opponent picked up on that on the turn and decided to delay c-bet you, then when the third heart hits the board, they put you all-in. They could have AKhh, but given that you rivered a set, you are beating so much of villain's range here, except for the nut-flush draw and Tx, though there's not a lot of Tx hands they're going to 3-bet call pre-flop given their stats, and it's probably just TT only.

It's less about your 4bet sizing, which is a bit on the small side, but more how you approached your hand as a whole. You start to tell one story, then decide to completely change it. If you're going to 3 or 4 bet pre-flop, you will have to be prepared to continue that aggression post-flop, EVEN if you happen to run into a monster and lose your stack, as that will happen some of the time.

If there was a time to bet, it would have been the turn because that card is a complete blank.

I'm curious what they had. Hopefully you will post that.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Shum on this one as to why you play the hand the way you do post flop. Villain could be getting a little tricky with a call back of KK or AA but you just usually dont see that in 2NL. The flop is very wet, you do have an overpair, you block a lot of made straights so I think you should be betting here. If you get a fold on the flop then you still got value from your 4 bet pre. There are a lot of turn cards we dont like that include A, K, and any heart. Villain will continue here with 10x and some Jx hands.

On the turn as played I think you should be betting. Checking twice does look weak and you under rep your hand but you are playing with fire a bit. I would want to charge heart draws. As played the bet by the villain looks a little weak to me so I would call given how we played the hand up to this point.

The river is not a great a card as you think. I am not sure how much the villain would be bluffing here (really depends on what we know about villain). I hate folding a set here but I am trying to come up with hands that do this. I dont think QJ does this or any two pair does this with 4 to straight and also hearts out there. It is 2NL so who knows but I am not feeling good about this. I think if I got this point in the hand and played it this way I would fold and just remind myself that this is not how you play this hand so this mistake does not happen again going forward. Maybe we are be bluffed here but I think I just say some f bombs at myself here and fold. Nitty, sure but just dont like how the hand went down and then facing that river bet.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 betting to about 25 BBs out of position is good.

On that flop, with a SPR of 1.8, I wouldn't be averse to shoving the flop. Certainly cbet, and then shove turn. It's a dynamic board, and your objective should be to get your money in ahead, before he hits a miracle card.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would cbet on flop to know where we are, at least on turn.
It`s hard to call river push. Any T , any XhXh beat us. We only beat lower trips.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I agree in the large part with guys. For me 4bet pre flop seems good. I think that on the flop we should play cbet for about 60% of the pot, because on the flop are a lot of draws to straight. Flush is less posibble, but I don't see too many suited connector cards in opponent's range. Check on the flop is a small mistake, because we give free card for our opponent. The flop is good for pocket QQ and going allin on the flop. The turn card is very bad, because the turn complete the straight. I think that check on the turn and pot control is good option. The river I prefer fold, because on the board is straight. GL :)