$2 NLHE 6-max: 3rd Barrel vs Fish after horrible River Card!

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Everyone,
Villain Stats: VPIP/PFR 43/0
I think in this spot vs Fish, it´s a Standard Double Barrel(if you Disagree, let me know your opinion).
My doubt is about my action after this horrible River Card: Considering that I was commited to the pot, do you think this 3rd Barrel Shove was correct?

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 4 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.88 (94 bb)
BU: $0.88 (44 bb)
SB (Hero): $2.15 (108 bb)
BB: $1.96 (98 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with A A
UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.10, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.22) K Q 3 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.18, UTG calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.58) J (2 players)
Hero bets $0.52, UTG calls $0.52

River: ($1.62) 9 (2 players)
Hero bets $1.35 (all-in)

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think i agree with you, open limp from UTG and 94 BB stack suggest a fish.

Flop bet is fine
Turn looks fine

River is one of the worst, We are essentially bluffing in this spot, i don't think we ever get called by worse. It is either Jam, or check-fold really. If we check and villain does something silly like 20c then its a call but i don't expect fish at 1/2 to be bluffing rivers a lot.

I think that he shouldn't have a straight but that means nothing. He can go all the way here with AT, KT, maybe even QT depending on how loose he is.

Honestly either option is bad, so just use any reads you have. If the guy is passive and is likely to check it down with you, then do that.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow 43/0 that is a fish but what kind of fish ?

Preflop, Flop no problem.

Turn card is already a bad card (even fish have a hand that connected to the flop somehow or they would fold). Now the J even gives them more ways to make a good hand such as two pair or even a straight. Would slow down on the turn and make a smaller bet like 1/2 pot.

River is a very bad card would check here and if he makes a bet bigger then 1/2 pot would fold. From his 43/0 stats he probably is passive pre-flop which means that hes probably also passive post-flop.

Would say that most of the time he either has 2 pair or a straight on such boards when he calls your 3 bet, flop cbet and turn cbet.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think i agree with you, open limp from UTG and 94 BB stack suggest a fish.

Flop bet is fine
Turn looks fine

River is one of the worst, We are essentially bluffing in this spot, i don't think we ever get called by worse. It is either Jam, or check-fold really. If we check and villain does something silly like 20c then its a call but i don't expect fish at 1/2 to be bluffing rivers a lot.

I think that he shouldn't have a straight but that means nothing. He can go all the way here with AT, KT, maybe even QT depending on how loose he is.

Honestly either option is bad, so just use any reads you have. If the guy is passive and is likely to check it down with you, then do that.

I agree completely with TenJack and wish I knew someone like her where I play. I don't think I have ever seen a 43/ZERO? This can't be many hands.

Since he has called 3 times she has something, after all Villain does fold more than 1/2 of the time. Against any half way sane player Hero is only called by better, but even if this gal might call with just a pair, I don't think Hero wants to coin flip with this gal. Best to try and check it down. Villain looks very passive and is likely to check behind and call the "reasonable" river bet, after all Villain could her pair is good here.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop flop and turn are all well played for me. the river i dont like it at all. u cant bluff a fish he would call there if he have a hand that beats u he will not fold a 2 pairs hand he would fold only hands that u already beat. i prefer a check or 1/4 pot bet that will confuse him

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have actually seen this kind of play at live 1/2, the guy simply didn't raise. He even limped QQ. (i dont think he ever picked up AA, KK) I asked him about it, just because it was kinda annoying (1 limp, 2 limp, red limp, blue limp :D:D you know the deal with idoits at low stakes) and he said "well, i don't have anything yet so I don't think i should risk my money like that."

There is a special spot in my heart for him. I made more off that one guy in one night, then i did the next three days.

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have actually seen this kind of play at live 1/2, the guy simply didn't raise. He even limped QQ. (i dont think he ever picked up AA, KK) I asked him about it, just because it was kinda annoying (1 limp, 2 limp, red limp, blue limp :D:D you know the deal with idoits at low stakes) and he said "well, i don't have anything yet so I don't think i should risk my money like that."

There is a special spot in my heart for him. I made more off that one guy in one night, then i did the next three days.

This kind of Fish are uncommon,but sometimes they appear in NL2. Playing with this types, I
see spots where I'm value betting w/ TPTK and Fish goes all the way limping, and calling my cbets, he goes to showdon and... he shows AA,KK(Overpair, sometimes even Sets). Who understand Fishs ...:D:D:D