Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat

UTG (Hero): $2.33 (117 bb)
CO: $2.93 (147 bb) 41/3/0 - loose passive rec, calling station
BU: $2.01 (101 bb) 36/29/16 - overly aggressive
SB: $2.07 (104 bb) 21/15 looks standard but first 3bet size is fishy, small sample
BB: $4.61 (231 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with A Q
Hero raises to $0.04, CO calls $0.04, BTN calls $0.04, SB 3-bets to $0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.08, CO calls $0.08, BTN calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.50) 9 5 A (4 players)
SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.50) 7 (4 players)
SB bets $1.45 (all-in), UTG (Hero) folds, CO calls $1.45, BTN calls $1.39 (all-in)

Preflop I had a misclick and usual open size is 2.5BB to 3BB

Facing small 3bet from somewhat tight player I tend to be more cautious.
I likely 4bet-fold with AQo but with AQs I chose to call.

Flop standard call.
Turn tricky spot given CO and BTN called flop bets and I chose to fold.

How would you play?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In preflop, a small opening size in NL2 can generate many open calls, for which we will be at a disadvantage, due to our position. Although there may not be much difference between 2.5x-3x compared to 5x-7x, this size is often used as a form of exploitation of wide ranges, both in live games and online micro stakes.
Good fold IMO. On the turn the range of aggression is strongly polarized towards the Ax and we are below here with AX. If we could represent an Ax with some blocker like 9-7 our range structure would have a better advantage and stronger offensive against the increase range and the limper ranges that came to the turn.
Greetings.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat

UTG (Hero): $2.33 (117 bb)
CO: $2.93 (147 bb) 41/3/0 - loose passive rec, calling station
BU: $2.01 (101 bb) 36/29/16 - overly aggressive
SB: $2.07 (104 bb) 21/15 looks standard but first 3bet size is fishy, small sample
BB: $4.61 (231 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with A Q
Hero raises to $0.04, CO calls $0.04, BTN calls $0.04, SB 3-bets to $0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.08, CO calls $0.08, BTN calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.50) 9 5 A (4 players)
SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.50) 7 (4 players)
SB bets $1.45 (all-in), UTG (Hero) folds, CO calls $1.45, BTN calls $1.39 (all-in)

Preflop I had a misclick and usual open size is 2.5BB to 3BB

Facing small 3bet from somewhat tight player I tend to be more cautious.
I likely 4bet-fold with AQo but with AQs I chose to call.

Flop standard call.
Turn tricky spot given CO and BTN called flop bets and I chose to fold.

How would you play?

Hi there quant1986, thank you for sharing it.
Well, I would be folding preflop if SB makes a standard normal c-bet, but given the price+position it is okay to be calling.
However, when players in position also call our AQs will not play very well, because we can almost never display postflop hands like AK, AA and KK, because we would be 4-betting those to isolate the players IP.
I am not calling the flop because SB is out of position in relation to 3 players and it is a fish, in spite of we having a TP2K, and SB to be a possible recreational, SB still has all the AA and AK on its range, so this call for odds OTF is expandable.
AQs and AQo don't play very good in MWPs, specially 3-bet MWP.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Why is the flop a standard call?

Yes, I would like to ask the same as the mate Likminutz, why is the flop call standard? Without being too much ****y, could you please demonstrate for us the rationale behind your decision making process? Thanks in advance.

Regards;

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I would like to ask the same as the mate Likminutz, why is the flop call standard? Without being too much ****y, could you please demonstrate for us the rationale behind your decision making process? Thanks in advance.

Regards;

SB could bet with AQ,AJ here to charge draws, or overplay KK-QQ
so we have to defend TP2K for at least one street.

It is not desirable but least bad option I would say.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the misclick pre to a min raise and the small 3 bet with two sure callers behind I would 4 bet / fold here pre. I think it re-aligns the planets and fixes your initial mistake. As played I think your line is ok but I could also jam flop over the c-bet given pot and stack sizes. SB sizing is all over the place. The min raise pre seems to want to keep everyone in then leading full pot 4 ways seems to want to take it down right away.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SB had TT which I didn't expect he had given flop actions, and CO got AJ and BTN got KsTs.

I agreed preflop 4bet-fold should be better.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SB had TT which I didn't expect he had given flop actions, and CO got AJ and BTN got KsTs.

I agreed preflop 4bet-fold should be better.
I think SB line makes sense. Not saying I love the turn shove or potting it on the flop but given no one 4 bet pre and no one raised his flop bet he can rule out some AK combos and over pairs to his TTs will not like the Ace. There's also flush draws. So if he thinks he can get AJ to fold then I don't mind his jam since he's ahead of the flush draws and applies max pressure to Ax. He got you to fold the best hand for example but got called by AJ and a flush draw.

Yea, unless SB 5 bet jams this hand pre if we 4 bet then we stack those two stations and the TT folds flop instead of us having to fold turn.

Last edited: