Hand delivered by CardsChat

UTG: €4.68 (117 bb)
MP: €4.85 (121 bb)
CO (Hero): €4.05 (101 bb)
BU: €8.91 (223 bb)
SB: €4.26 (107 bb)
BB: €8.00 (200 bb)

Pre-Flop: (€0.06) Hero is CO with Q K
UTG raises to €0.10, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to €0.30, 3 players fold, UTG calls €0.20

Flop: (€0.66) 3 3 9 (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets €0.40, UTG calls €0.40

Turn: (€1.46) T (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: (€1.46) Q (2 players)
UTG bets €1.04, Hero ??

Villain is an unknown. Would you fold to this river bet or call or raise?

I don't think villain would bet KQs with that river bet size so my hand is just a bluff catcher. Value hands - I think villain could have KhJh, all AQ combos. TT, 99. Bluff I can only beat AJ. As5s or As4s villain may have check-raised on this flop.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good reasoning in my opinion. In the flop you could check or bet smaller, because your range is opp. Against an unknown rival, there is no reason to raise the pot too much in a paired flop. And having the second flush nut.
I think this is a clear fold in the river.
Greetings.

I

ibetmyho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should really continue betting the turn. Once you 3bet the UTG opener you are repping a really strong range and when you turn a gutter you should just keep firing.

The way you played it, it's a clear river call. It's a 1 euro bet into a 1.46 pot, you only have to be right 40% of the time which you certainly will be with a strong top pair.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop: standard

Flop: This flop is very good for you, because you have all overpairs and 99 hand. 3 is pretty much irrelevant. Your bet sizing is too big.

Turn: You want to continue bluffing with hands that easily bet call/raise(have ton of equity) or easily bet fold(have very low equity). Your hand is in first category, you can easily bet-allin with this hand, because you have enough equity to do that. You should continue betting.

River: As played, this is easy call.

F

fast_frog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with everythinh above poster says.

Just want to add that you have the absolute top of your range here (I assume you wouldn't cbet AQ with that size, if you do than second best hand) and you're burning money just thinking about folding.

Think about where you are in your range instead of putting your random 4nl opponent on hands and you willdo a lot better.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Like the 3-bet

Flop
Like the C-bet

Turn
I think, you have to bet again. You have K high, you picket up a gutshot to go with your other equity, and there are certainly some hands, that will call one bet but fold to the second.

River
As played you have to call. When you check the turn, you induce bluffs from him on the river, so obviously you need to be ready to snap them off with your bluff catchers. Some times people will also misread the situation and think, your hand is weaker, than it actually is, and bet a hand like second pair thinking, its for value.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With no info on this player, I don't think he'll show up with a lot of bluffs here. An UTG raise + check calling on a low board? Sounds like a medium pocket pair. I'm guessing 99 or TT. With info on this guy you could see if AQo plays like this.

Looks like a 5nl value bet from an unknown, I'm lay em down! I agree with earlier analysis too, bet out the turn. You have a ton of equity and you would know a bit more clearly where you stand.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems many people prefer double barreling with this hand but I think T is better card for 3bet caller range. In this case I made a sticky call and villain showed A3dd which I expected he would check-raise on this flop.

The flop bet size was intentionally large to get fold from more AJ-AK on this flop.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems many people prefer double barreling with this hand but I think T is better card for 3bet caller range. In this case I made a sticky call and villain showed A3dd which I expected he would check-raise on this flop.

I think, you are leveling yourself and overthinking the situation. Which hands are better for someones range, is not really important, when you are playing 4NL, since most of your opponents dont even know, what a range is. Blocking spades is also not important in this particular spot, because most KsXs and QsXs combos made a straight or a pair, so he is not bluffing with those anyway.

Finally you dont know, how this person play, so you cant remove certain hands from his range, just because you would have played them differently. At the end of the day you ran into the top of his range, and your draw bricked. If he had checkraised the flop, or if you had bet the turn, you would almost certainly have lost more, so you kind of lost the minimum in this hand.