loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hey all,

On V- 124 hands, 25/12/5, Float flop bet is 2/2... not much else to say. BB v SB fold is 4/5 opportunities.

I don't know how to play this flop. Assuming V floats wide, I don't know if we are comfortable with a XR, nor do I think just calling is OK since we are vulnerable here. Therefore I chose to bet, and I told a slightly larger side considering the board.

Vs a raise is this just a fold? It's a large raise and to make it worth it we'd have to get him to stack off.

HAND:

Hero (SB): 101.4 BB
BB: 108.2 BB
CO: 105.8 BB
BTN: 119.2 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 3:spade: 3:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) 4:heart: 5:heart: 6:diamond:
Hero bets 3.8 BB, BB raises to 14 BB, Hero calls 10.2 BB

Turn: (34 BB, 2 players) 7:spade:
Hero checks, BB bets 17 BB, Hero raises to 38 BB, BB calls 21 BB

River: (110 BB, 2 players) T:spade:
Hero bets 46.4 BB and is all-in...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
Like another hand, I just commented on, this is one of those somewhat confusing spots, where we have both a made hand and a draw. And as I wrote in that other thread, the made hand generally takes precedence, when we determine our line of action.

In this case we have a pretty bad made hand, and its one of those spots, where if we bet, we rarely get anything better to fold, and we also rarely get called by worse. If he continue with a draw, he have two overcards as well, so we are basically flipping. This mean, that betting is mostly "for protection", and I am much more inclined to do that in position than out of position.

Out of position like here I think, we have a perfect hand to put into our check-call range. If he fires with air like JT or KQ, we get value that way, and while its going to be tough to get to showdown and realise the value of our pair, we do also have our draw to fall back on. And we are pretty happy, if the flop goes check-check.

We do bet, we get raised, and at this point our hand becomes more of a draw. If we continue now, we are really trying to make a straight, and the issue is, we are drawing to the low end. He could already have 87, in which case we are basically drawing dead, and if we improve on a 7, we lose to any 8. Its also bad, its not a rainbow board, because then two of our outs might give him a flush. So as played I think, this is a bet-fold.

Turn
You improve to a straight, but its the low end of a 1-liner, and you dont really beat anything, he is betting, other than a bluff. If I made it this far, I guess, I would call again and see, what happen on the river. Instead you raise, and I really dont understand, what you are trying to accomplish with that?

River
River is a brick, and now you move all in. It looks to me like, you simply dont understand the relative strenght of your hand on this board texture. He is not betting the turn with two pair or a set, or at least he is not supposed to. So the only possible hand, he can have, which you still beat, is a missed flushdraw, and he is not going to call you with that. Betting here only gets snapped off by 8X and 98, and you are basically just donating your money to him.