$2 NLHE 6-max: 3 handed 3bet pot, TPTK +FD

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was trying to play 8 tables on my small computer so I called this river, but I think I could have gotten away from it there. Thoughts?

Also, what do you think about spots like these, where you are seldom ahead, chop a good deal and lose the rest?

V (over 60 hands) is 41/14 AF: 5. This is her 3rd 3bet so far, only time she's shown down so far in a 3! pot was with JJ.

V's combos:
AA- 3c
KK- 6c
QQ- 1c
(JJ this is too aggressive, likely would x-call a river bet)
AQ- 6c
KQs- 2c

Running the math with these combos makes a river call -EV. It would be break even (with rake) if V 3bets all KQs.

Yatahay Network - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 97 BB
Hero (BTN): 104 BB
SB: 128.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, BB raises to 7.5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

Flop: (15.5 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond: 3:diamond: Q:club:
BB bets 7.5 BB, Hero calls 7.5 BB

Turn: (30.5 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
BB bets 22.5 BB, Hero calls 22.5 BB

River: (75.5 BB, 2 players) 6:spade:
BB bets 59.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 59.5 BB

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was trying to play 8 tables on my small computer so I called this river, but I think I could have gotten away from it there. Thoughts?

Also, what do you think about spots like these, where you are seldom ahead, chop a good deal and lose the rest?

V (over 60 hands) is 41/14 AF: 5. This is her 3rd 3bet so far, only time she's shown down so far in a 3! pot was with JJ.

V's combos:
AA- 3c
KK- 6c
QQ- 1c
AQ- 6c
KQs- 2c

Running the math with these combos makes a river call -EV. It would be break even (with rake) if V 3bets all KQs.

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A Q

Flop: (15.5 BB, 2 players) 7 3 Q

Turn: (30.5 BB, 2 players) 2

River: (75.5 BB, 2 players) 6

I don't like all of this calling preflop, OTF and OTR. Of course we should be calling down AQs, versus 3-bet IP to balance our range but we can also be 4-betting for value! For these positions (BB x BTN), AQs is a very strong hand to be included in a 4-bet value range.

Well, OTF I don't mind calling more than raising because BB can have a ton of missed hands and dominated queens etc and we don't want them to fold right now.

OTT, I don't like very much our calling because our 3-bet calling range now requires a bit of protection, hands like 33, 77, 22, or very rare QQ (that are not calling 3-bets here so often), should be jamming for value because of the draws, and I believe that AQs is one of the best possible combos for us to turn into a bluff right now, because even when we are facing hands as TT+ or two pair, sets, whatever, we have pretty good equity to hit the nut flush OTR or a better two pair or a best three of a kind.

Are we going to get paid when we do complete a flush, two pair or three of a kind OTR? If we have more 'yes' on our answers, no problem calling OTT, but against all odds, I would be jamming OTT, specially because BB cannot represent anything so scary right now, since we are blocking some QQ, some Ax, and what it rests KK for BB so it can be very much a syntom that BB could have a whiffed AK and is desperate seeking fold equity.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

V's combos:
AA- 3c
KK- 6c
QQ- 1c
AQ- 6c
KQs- 2c

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A Q

Flop: (15.5 BB, 2 players) 7 3 Q

Turn: (30.5 BB, 2 players) 2

River: (75.5 BB, 2 players) 6

I know “raising for information” is not a thing but
Rather than chase our stacks away.

Preflop - call ok, we’ve still got AA and KK in our range sometimes?

Flop
BB bets 7.5bb
Why not raise 25bb and Fold!! to a re raise.
We do have top pair top kicker?
We save the odd 70bb’s.
If they call and we see the turn, there’s the added bonus of seeing a cheap river, if BB doesn’t shove that is.
This way, in this very polarized situation, we can ascertain a better range. On each stage of betting.
Villain starts with 41% of hands pre (out of 60)
The pre-flop reraise slims that range down a bit.
The villains flop c-bet needs some clarity in my opinion.
If the BB were to shove your flop re-raise (had you done it) you could be more than sure that you were behind and getting terrible odds but maybe good implied odds?? On making your flush or FH?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands