$2 NLHE 6-max: 3-bet pot, can we profitably call the turn shove?

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $0.51 (26 bb)
MP: $2.35 (118 bb)
CO: $1.71 (86 bb)
BU: $1.92 (96 bb)
SB: $2.07 (104 bb)
BB (Hero): $2.14 (107 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with A Q
4 players fold, SB raises to $0.06, Hero 3-bets to $0.18, SB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.36) Q A J (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.76) 8 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.37, SB raises to $1.69 (all-in), Hero...?

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he jams this type of range:

we have enough equity to call. If he doesn't jam two pairs we have much less equity. Do we give 2nl player mainly KT here? we are blocking some two-pairs but I think he can have a bunch still because I think a-lot of these players are calling OOP with offsuited broadway hands.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you play like this with a flush draw on the turn? However your villain would still have some difficulty bluffing on the turn. Because if you do that line with a hand like 9T, then V range shouldn't have a lot of bluffs in its range. Also, you are unlikely to 3-bet preflop with hands like: 76s; 65s; 54s (combos of spades). And the V shouldn't have them in the range either after your cbet flop.
So you basically need to represent the best flush draws when you bet on the turn, so that your opponent can x / r with 2 pairs. However that seems highly unlikely, as if you represent a wider range the V should not let you improve on turn / river and on the flop should raise at a high frequency.
In this ultimate case the only reasons a V has for not raising on this flop is:
1) When he thinks you have a very tight range.
2) When he does not need any protection.
On the turn when V jam he could be interpreted as blocking the odds that all flush draws could have. And unless the V perceives that we have a very wide range, it greatly increases the chances that we will face absolute nuts here.
However, I don't think this reasoning will benefit you much in micro stakes, since if you assumed that this V can play many dominated combinations, you should always call on this turn.
Greetings.

N

Nigginger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, you are unlikely to 3-bet preflop with hands like: 76s; 65s; 54s (combos of spades)

Well... That is actually exactly in my Pre 3bet Range. :D
As a bluff I mainly 3bet low suited connectors, offsuit connectors and low Kx, Qx.

What is your 3bet Range in this situation?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well... That is actually exactly in my Pre 3bet Range. :D
As a Bluff I mainly 3bet low suited connectors, offsuit connectors and low Kx, Qx.

What is your 3bet Range in this situation?

Wheel aces, small kings and medium and high values. If V is too tight I just bluff with AQ+.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: fine.

F: bet bigger to 100% of pot.

Your bet is never folding out low-mid pocket pairs or draws.

No need for balanced bet sizings in nl2, just make disrespectful value bets and don't bluff a lot.

T: check-back, simply because if we bet again we want another pot-sized bet, which is too risky on horrible board.

As played, bet/fold vs huge check/overbet jam.

Yes, villian could be value-owning himself, but 88 got there and KT now going for max value.

There's many better spots in nl2, I'm letting this one go.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I think that hero play this hand good. I don't see any escape in this hand. We have very strong cards, top two pairs, our hand is too strong too fold. If he hits the straight on the flop it hurt, but it happens sometimes. If we will fold top two pair on this board, so with what hand we can call his allin on the turn? On Sets of AAA or QQQ or JJJ? You play over 50% of the pot on the flop, and later about 50% of the pot on the turn, so he can read your smaller bet on the turn as a weakness, but no escape from this hand. On micro limit there are many beginners players, and they can go allin here with one top pair. GL :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
3-betting is certainly fine with this hand blind vs. blind.

Flop
Standard C-bet for value. We do lose to KT, but not to worried about that, since it should only be KTs, and there is only 4 combos of that.

Turn
Now T9 got there as well, but that should really only be T9s, so I am still not overly panicked about him having a straight. When he check-jam, I am not thrilled about it, but I think, our hand is to strong to fold. He could have a worse two pair or maybe a hand like KJ or JT of spades, where he picked up equity and decided to turn it into a bluff.