Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $4.47 (224 bb)
MP: $1.67 (84 bb)
CO: $0.73 (37 bb)
BU: $5.17 (259 bb)
SB (Hero): $1.98 (99 bb)
BB: $1.14 (57 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with Q A
UTG calls $0.02, MP raises to $0.06, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.06, Hero 3-bets to $0.28, BB calls $0.26, 2 players fold, BTN calls $0.22

Flop: ($0.92) 9 Q 3 (3 players)
Hero bets $0.22, BB folds, BTN calls $0.22

Turn: ($1.36) J (2 players)
Hero bets $0.74, BTN calls $0.74

River: ($2.84) 5 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.74 (all-in), BTN calls $0.74

I flop top pair and think this board is pretty good for both mine and BTN's range. Im not sure if I bet this flop with 100% frequency or should be checking since OOP. If I had to guess I would think Me and BTN are roughly even with equity so that should lead me to checking more but I think If I am going to bet this hand would fit the bill. In hindsight I think we should size up on the flop to something more like 2/3 pot, what do you guys think here?

I make a small flop bet and BTN calls.The turn card: Js is a great card for BTN's range and I think this may be a check on the turn instead of a bet. What do you guys think? Our hand is TPTK but it feels almost like a marginal made hand on this board agreed? I think on this turn we want to polarize our premium hands and draws but idk if AQ is a premium on this board anymore so maybe we just check here.

OTR I shoved and I don't remember exactly why lol. I guess trying to get value from KQs,QTs, JTs? the spades comes in on the river and I think this hand as overall played poorly. would like to hear other thoughts.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop is fine since this is a 3 bet hand and since we are OOP and going against a few already in the pot the sizing is big enough. BB cold calls the 3 bet which is interesting and would have me thinking and then when Button only calls I take away the big pairs from them but depending on player they still could have AK.

On the flop with two to a suit coming and a SPR of less than 2 I am playing this hand as a two street hand. I dont understand the small C bet on the flop. You are giving odds for both to draw and there are plenty of turn cards that we arent going to like so if we take it down now we should be happy given all the value already in the pot from the pre action. I would bet more along the lines of half pot here to setup a nice shove on the turn barring its a club.

Again in game I would have bet enough on the flop to jam turn and I would jam turn here with this card. There are plenty of draws out there and no reason to mess around anymore. As played you are at $1.48 with a $1.36 pot so you can slight overjam if you want and probably the route I would take. Any regular sized bet is probably going to commit us anyway and there are so many draws that I would not want villain to see a free river. If villain has us beat here then they do but I would not let them see it for free or do as you did and make a bet where no matter what we are not going anywhere.

As played on the river you can either jam or check call it off. Your stack is so small compared to pot that we are not going anywhere. Will depend on villain whether you think they are more apt to make a crying call or bluff if we checked to them. In game I probably would just put it in there if I had no specific read.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $4.47 (224 bb)
MP: $1.67 (84 bb)
CO: $0.73 (37 bb)
BU: $5.17 (259 bb)
SB (Hero): $1.98 (99 bb)
BB: $1.14 (57 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with Q A
UTG calls $0.02, MP raises to $0.06, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.06, Hero 3-bets to $0.28, BB calls $0.26, 2 players fold, BTN calls $0.22

Flop: ($0.92) 9 Q 3 (3 players)
Hero bets $0.22, BB folds, BTN calls $0.22

Turn: ($1.36) J (2 players)
Hero bets $0.74, BTN calls $0.74

River: ($2.84) 5 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.74 (all-in), BTN calls $0.74

Total pot: $4.32 (Rake: $0.19)

Showdown:
SB (Hero) shows Q A (a pair of Queens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 62%, Flop: 77%, Turn: 68%, River: 0%)

BU shows 7 9 (a flush, Queen high)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 38%, Flop: 23%, Turn: 32%, River: 100%)

BU wins $4.13

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your bet sizing is an issue since you're in a MW 3-bet pot. HU's your flop sizing is ok, but considering stacks, you needed to bet slightly more on the flop so you could jam most turns. Even as played, with what you have on the turn you need to just put it all-in.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop is fine since this is a 3 bet hand and since we are OOP and going against a few already in the pot the sizing is big enough. BB cold calls the 3 bet which is interesting and would have me thinking and then when Button only calls I take away the big pairs from them but depending on player they still could have AK.
I have little to add. Good analysis

On the flop with two to a suit coming and a SPR of less than 2 I am playing this hand as a two street hand. I dont understand the small C bet on the flop. You are giving odds for both to draw and there are plenty of turn cards that we arent going to like so if we take it down now we should be happy given all the value already in the pot from the pre action. I would bet more along the lines of half pot here to setup a nice shove on the turn barring its a club.
I think this is where things went wrong for Hero. One needs to decide how many bets one can and wants to make at the flop, I think the pre flop bet should be more than half pot setting up a 1/2 pot showve on a none flush turn.

Again in game I would have bet enough on the flop to jam turn and I would jam turn here with this card. There are plenty of draws out there and no reason to mess around anymore. As played you are at $1.48 with a $1.36 pot so you can slight overjam if you want and probably the route I would take. Any regular sized bet is probably going to commit us anyway and there are so many draws that I would not want villain to see a free river. If villain has us beat here then they do but I would not let them see it for free or do as you did and make a bet where no matter what we are not going anywhere.
I agree with the shove, although repeat it would have been better with the bigger bet on the flop.

As played on the river you can either jam or check call it off. Your stack is so small compared to pot that we are not going anywhere. Will depend on villain whether you think they are more apt to make a crying call or bluff if we checked to them. In game I probably would just put it in there if I had no specific read.
As played, I jam in spite of the flush on the board.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTN looks like fish (cold calling raise and cold calling 3bet), assume his range is wide. BB maybe fish, maybe not ( trapping).
On flop bet more( 3/4 pot) to defend against draws.
Turn and river betting for value.