Replay this hand on CardsChat

ahil5000 (UTG): $1.77 (89 bb)
DUMSTIK (MP): $2.04 (102 bb)
tryingplay (CO): $1.94 (97 bb)
osviman 2.0 (BU): $2.80 (140 bb)
Pashatiamk (SB): $3.69 (185 bb)
SilentMax555 (BB): $2.08 (104 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (osviman 2.0) is BTN with K K
3 players fold, osviman 2.0 (BU) raises to $0.05, Pashatiamk (SB) 3-bets to $0.08, 1 fold, osviman 2.0 (BU) 4-bets to $0.36, Pashatiamk (SB) calls $0.28

Flop: ($0.74) K 2 3 (2 players)
Pashatiamk (SB) bets $3.33 (all-in)

Hi guys,
In this hand, I opened KK in the BTN to 2.5bb, and the SB min3bets me to 4bb.
I decide to 4bet to 18bb and V calls.

The flop gives me trips when I hit another K on it. But it is a mono-color flop.

So both of us are playing a stack of over 140bb at the start of the hand and V decides to shove in the flop.

Now in this hand, my question is... what is the EV+ move? Call the all-in or Fold my hand?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

ahil5000 (UTG): $1.77 (89 bb)
DUMSTIK (MP): $2.04 (102 bb)
tryingplay (CO): $1.94 (97 bb)
osviman 2.0 (BU): $2.80 (140 bb)
Pashatiamk (SB): $3.69 (185 bb)
SilentMax555 (BB): $2.08 (104 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (osviman 2.0) is BTN with K K
3 players fold, osviman 2.0 (BU) raises to $0.05, Pashatiamk (SB) 3-bets to $0.08, 1 fold, osviman 2.0 (BU) 4-bets to $0.36, Pashatiamk (SB) calls $0.28

Flop: ($0.74) K 2 3 (2 players)
Pashatiamk (SB) bets $3.33 (all-in)

Hi guys,
In this hand, I opened KK in the BTN to 2.5bb, and the SB min3bets me to 4bb.
I decide to 4bet to 18bb and V calls.

The flop gives me trips when I hit another K on it. But it is a mono-color flop.

So both of us are playing a stack of over 140bb at the start of the hand and V decides to shove in the flop.

Now in this hand, my question is... what is the EV+ move? Call the all-in or Fold my hand?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

We cannot think about folding our hand so fast OTF, because Villain/SB made a non-sense 3-bet to your opening raise plus cold calls 4-bet OOP.
This is a case where even if Villain/SB shoves a flopped flush, we are still drawing to quads and Full-Houses, so it is almost impossible to fold OTF.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting donk shoved for 4x pot on the flop is not an ordinary decision.
But if you are folding top set on that board, you are folding every hand in your range besides AQ of spades.
In my opinion on monotone boards you should be calling almost always here with sets and overpairs, while deciding what to do based on villain tendencies with hands like AK, KQ with no spades.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, on nl2 I prefer bigger raise pre flop, 3-4x. On nl2 is a lot of beginner players and they will play many weak hands to raise for 2,5x. In this situation you shouldn't afraid the monotone boards. When opponent from the small blind 3bets hero, he very often won't have suited connectors cards on nl2. Usually opponent only will call with some suited connectors cards pre flop. Players on nl2 usually don't 3bet suited connectors cards, because it is too advanced strategy :) Besides opponent's 3bet is too small, he should 3bet hero for at least 3,5x-4x OOP, it means that he is a little inexperienced player. So you played well this hand, it was a bad beat. As you can see opponent had very weak hand and he played this hand more as a bluff. So good game. GL :)

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Based on villain's min 3 bet preflop, he is not very good. Given that, there are many hands on that flop that he will be spaz shoving with neither rhyme nor reason. Some proportion of those hands will contain the Ace of spades (or any spade). Even if he did flop a flush, you are still 2:1 against making a full house or quads by the river.

You should call his shove.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap call. This dude is doing this with AT LEAST JJ if he has the J of spades. AQ with a single spade too. For the 1% of the time he flopped a flush, good on him. As already mentioned you aren't drawing dead in that scenario either.

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe this spot comes down to info which you have on the player, in no means can this ever be a default just to give up. Villain could be doing this with sets of his own and you really have to ask the question of would villain ever do this with strong value hands.
Personally I don’t think he would, maybe with a hand such as AA,QQ,JJ or AK all with a spade. No matter what you retain really good equity in the hand. So I would call as the shove represents more bluffs than top end value bets

O

osvimanCC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, thank you all guys for your help.

I will apply your advice in the future.

:)