UTG: 101.5 BB
MP: 102 BB
CO: 136.5 BB
BTN: 114 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7c Kc
fold, fold, CO raises to 2.5 BB, BTN calls 2.5 BB, fold, Hero calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (8 BB, 3 players) Kh 8c 7h
Hero checks, CO bets 4 BB, BTN calls 4 BB, Hero raises to 22 BB, fold, BTN calls 18 BB

Turn : (56 BB, 2 players) Ad
Hero bets 26 BB, BTN raises to 89.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 63.5 BB

River : (235 BB, 2 players) Tc

BTN shows 7s 7d (Three of a Kind, Sevens)
(Pre 66%, Flop 86%, Turn 95%)

Hero shows 7c Kc (Two Pair, Kings and Sevens)
(Pre 34%, Flop 14%, Turn 5%)

BTN wins 224 BB

My thought process

Pre Flop:

Here vs 2 players with a hand that can make a flush, 2 pair and interact somewhat with low-medium boards I think completing the PF action is okay.

Flop:

With CO cbet % around 60%, I check to induce a bet with a plan to raise. Raising this hand balances my stronger holdings on this flop such as 77, 88, Kx, K8 and some drawing hands.

When CO bets 1/2 pot and btn calls, with my current holdings I think a raise is needed to push out any drawing hands from btn such as T9, JT, AXss and weaker pair hands like 89, 76 and some sticky pocket pairs like 99, TT

Turn:

When btn calls my 5x raise this is a sign of strength that I should be concerned about and potentially this is where I went wrong not.

On Ad turn I think this can help their range somewhat giving his flush draw hands top pair (as I have no heart blockers) and any slightly improving hands like JT. I opt for a half pot bet to try and extract more value from those holdings as well as Kx, 87 (maybe this raises flop?).

When villain comes over the top I think I should've let my hand go at this point, the only hands I beat at this point are AXss?

Keen to hear peoples opinions on my analysis and whether my thought process could be improved? Cheers

O

Ortwin1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling on the turn was a mistake. In this micro stakes most people only bet this aggressive when they have a good hand. I would have folded on the turn, because I lost enough money in my poker life when I called in this situations. I only call if I can be 100% sure I have the nuts, when someone raises 89bb.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I agree with Ortwin, I made the same bad experiences... It hurts folding 2 pairs. Helpful would be some information about villians play (tight, loose, agressive...)
With his all in on the turn, a set must be put on his range

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Yes, I agree here, many people play aggressively, but with two pairs, you need to be sure only 50% of the game can be found in another direction, and yes, I’m t:)he same if I’m not 100% sure I don’t play, it’s better to quit

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like the flop x/r on this texture. Turn sizing is good, maybe slightly larger so you can be just around 1/2 pot on river.

But NH.