Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players

UTG: $2.60 (130 bb)
MP: $3.14 (157 bb)
CO: $2.00 (100 bb)
BU: $1.68 (84 bb)
SB (Hero): $2.19 (110 bb)
BB: $0.98 (49 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with A A
3 players fold, BTN raises to $0.08, Hero 3-bets to $0.26, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.54) 3 K J (2 players)
Hero bets $0.27, BTN raises to $1.42 (all-in), Hero?

Only 11 hands on villain but nothing overtly fishy about their stats. The SPR is < 3 so I feel like I need to stack off here, but villain's line is super strong for a non-maniac player at NL2. Folding feels exploitable and calling feels like suicide. What should I do here?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would be going with this. I wish there was more info on villain but if they do have a set here then they really should only be calling since why risk a fold here by you (I know this is .01/.02 so anything is possible). This just doesnt feel like a set to me though. I really feel like this is Q10 just saying Im going with it and 32% (which they dont know they dont have) plus fold equity is good enough to make a play at it. You are getting almost 2 to 1 on a call and if villain has KJ you are about 3 to 1 so thats not good obviously but it isnt way off to make the call. I really put KJ as the high point of villains range cause again I just dont think they have to jam here with a set.

This jam is either they know what you have and dont think you will fold it or its a draw and they want to get the most fold equity out of it. I still say if they thought you have what you have and they have a set they should just call here and raise jam turn but I give people too much credit a lot. Im still saying call here

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a sigh call, although it would be better to do it with the Ac-Ah combo, because we unlock the most important backdoors of diamonds and spades. Whereas the wheel aces should be more times in our blind range, versus a competent button.
As played you wanted to disguise your hand preflop, so the size could still be a bit smaller. Like 2.4x or 2.7x. This way there will be more KJ combos available in V, but we will also have managed to include a number of speculative hands in his range.
The board indicates that this texture impacts more on rank V, so you can comfortably bet a size that allows you to obtain value and at the same time keep the villain in the pot, I like half pot here.
Another important fact is that we are playing with an effective stack of 84 bb, so the villain will have a tendency to play his value hands more aggressively (KQ for example) when our perceived range is wider.
As for sets, the most likely is 33 on V. And his flop makes sense, because when we bet 3x preflop, we wanted to represent a standard range. And a standard range from SB not only has values ​​on this flop, but we also have semi bluffs. But since we don't block the most important one (QT) we hope that the villain has it more than we do. Therefore, I am inclined to call in this spot.
Greetings.

T

tokentalk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I will call. A set has you crushed, but you have backdoor broadway out. For two pairs, you have some outs if the board pairs as well.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Yup. As everyone said above.

1. 4x sizing pre.
2. cbet is good, and you 'sigh call' here. 300HP said it best- his best hand here is KJ since JJ is rarely raising here. I guess he could have 33, which is all the more reason to 4x pre ( or larger).

Calling is not suicide since V could have bluffs. If you call and this guy shows JJ, make a note of it and THEN you can make these types of lay downs. It seems pretty unlikely, though.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop: good. I like your sizing, a lot of players at nl2 3bet with much smaller sizing and it's a big mistake. Just make sure that you 3bet proper range, so that villain can't overfold.

Flop: cbet is good, but I don't like your sizing. It's way too big. You crush this board, so my advice would be to bet 33% with whole range. As played you should call villain's all-in. You would be betting this board with very wide range. AA is at the top of your range. It should be call even with KQ. If villain has set then it's just another cooler. You can fold only if you have reads on the villain that he never bluffs postflop. Otherwise it's insta call.