$2 NLHE 6-max: $2 NLHE 6-max: AQo too big bet on turn?

P

ProGress39

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I am pretty sure that I didn't get the value I could have in this hand. Too high bet on turn? Should I already bet on flop?

Let me know your opinions, thanks

partypoker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $1.74 (87 bb)
CO: $2.05 (103 bb)
BU (Hero): $2.15 (108 bb)
SB: $4.12 (206 bb)
BB: $6.65 (333 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with Q A
1 fold, CO raises to $0.04, Hero 3-bets to $0.12, 2 players fold, CO calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.27) 7 5 7 (2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.27) Q (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $0.16, CO folds

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to Cardschat as I see this is your first post. I like betting on the flop as it allows us to rep large hands going to the turn. We don't have anything but ace high in reality so if they fold on the flop we are also happy with that. As played, I don't see a problem with your turn bet. I wouldn't go any larger than that unless there is something I don't know about villain but I wouldn't think going smaller is all that great a move either. I assume you are asking because you think villain would call a cent bet but fold to a 16 cent bet? That may be true for some players but in this situation on a paired board, they are either buying your bet or they are not. I think in this case with this board, if they are folding to 16 cents, they are also folding to 10 cents as well.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think as the pf 3 bettor, you can bet your entire range smallish on that flop.

Then follow up with another bet on the turn when you hit top pair.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A small flop bet could be ok, but it would mostly be a sort of blocker bet. If he check-call flop, he usually check turn, and then you can check back and see a free river card, when you miss. Its one of those situations, where he probably did not have anything, and if he is not interested in bluffing, then there is nothing, you can do to get value out of him. If he actually had a hand like 88-JJ and folded to this turn bet, then just bluff the heck out of him in future hands.

P

ProGress39

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all replies, very helpful :)

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In your place I would prefer to bet at least half a pot on the flop, usually that flop will not be hitting your hand, so the villain can call.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree with some guys, I also prefer bet on the flop, at least 50% of pot, because in this situation you are an aggressor pre flop and better continue aggression on the flop and play cbet. When I see that opponent 3bet pre flop in position like you and later he plays check on the flop for me usually mean that opponent has two over cards or he has air and on the turn we can sometimes bluff opponents like you or bet for value with small or medium pocket pairs. I agree with fundiver when you play cbet on the flop we can later play check on the turn in postion and see the river card for free. GL :)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A double flop usually doesn't strengthen anyone's hand. A flop bet would help you figure out whether the other player has a straight draw, pocket pairs, or just high cards like an ace. Nothing wrong with her absence. But your bet on the turn gave information to your opponent. You show a pair of queens that you actually have.