$2 NLHE 6-max: $2 NLHE 6-max: Full house on river against initial passive guy.

G

gochillgo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop: Called from MP with 77 , BB raises, hero called.
Flop, turn, villain is passive.
Hero makes full-house in River, raises. Suddenly villain re-raises all-in?

888Poker Snap, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

Rohood (UTG): $2.20 (110 bb)
ashcross7 (MP): $3.96 (198 bb)
Deposit_Pro (CO): $3.27 (164 bb)
Frank727 (BU): $1.71 (86 bb)
Gvinblade101 (SB): $3.42 (171 bb)
marmilt (BB): $3.31 (166 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (Deposit_Pro) is CO with 7 7
1 fold, ashcross7 (MP) calls $0.02, Deposit_Pro (CO) calls $0.02, 1 fold, Gvinblade101 (SB) raises to $0.10, 1 fold, ashcross7 (MP) calls $0.08, Deposit_Pro (CO) calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.32) J J 2 (3 players)
Gvinblade101 (SB) checks, ashcross7 (MP) bets $0.02, Deposit_Pro (CO) calls $0.02, Gvinblade101 (SB) calls $0.02

Turn: ($0.38) 9 (3 players)
Gvinblade101 (SB) checks, ashcross7 (MP) bets $0.02, Deposit_Pro (CO) calls $0.02, Gvinblade101 (SB) calls $0.02

River: ($0.44) 7 (3 players)
Gvinblade101 (SB) checks, ashcross7 (MP) bets $0.02, Deposit_Pro (CO) raises to $0.40, Gvinblade101 (SB) raises to $3.28 (all-in),

:confused:

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call! He could have many weaker hands: Jx, low pairs, slowplayed QQ+. Only JJ, J9, J2, 99 beat you witch not so much.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Pre-flop: Called from MP with 77 , BB raises, hero called.
Flop, turn, villain is passive.
Hero makes full-house in River, raises. Suddenly villain re-raises all-in?

888Poker Snap, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

Rohood (UTG): $2.20 (110 bb)
ashcross7 (MP): $3.96 (198 bb)
Deposit_Pro (CO): $3.27 (164 bb)
Frank727 (BU): $1.71 (86 bb)
Gvinblade101 (SB): $3.42 (171 bb)
marmilt (BB): $3.31 (166 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero (Deposit_Pro) is CO with 7 7
1 fold, ashcross7 (MP) calls $0.02, Deposit_Pro (CO) calls $0.02, 1 fold, Gvinblade101 (SB) raises to $0.10, 1 fold, ashcross7 (MP) calls $0.08, Deposit_Pro (CO) calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.32) J J 2 (3 players)

Turn: ($0.38) 9 (3 players)

River: ($0.44) 7 (3 players)
Gvinblade101 (SB) checks, ashcross7 (MP) bets $0.02, Deposit_Pro (CO) raises to $0.40, Gvinblade101 (SB) raises to $3.28 (all-in),

:confused:

Well, I am not inclined to limp at cash tables, but...Following the hand's line of action, when BB raises 5x versus limpers you should give it a range: I would assume 88+ and AT+, okay, but this is an example, it could have 22-66 as well, but at the micros we don't see that so often.

The Flop: impossible to fold to a 1 blind bet.

The Turn: Same situation..

The River: when BB re-raises you here, it it representing the Jx, 22, 99 and of course JJ: 1 combo of JJ, and 1 combo of 99 would be re-raising OTR.

Villain is not passive, it had the stone cold nuts, and if Villain/BB raises OTF or OTT, BB would give such an easy fold for all the pocket pairs and other hands.
Since the board is dry, it is more interesting to let someone else hit anything, such as a Full-House, turning thus, the fold OTR impossible.
For the record, I would have played exactly as Villain played this hand in a scenario like this. ;)

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to call there.

Sometimes, you'll be beaten, but more often you'll be against an overplayed Jack, or sometimes even an overpair.

M

Mercurius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to call there.

Sometimes, you'll be beaten, but more often you'll be against an overplayed Jack, or sometimes even an overpair.

Agreed, there’s 4 combos he realistically holds that beat you (JJ, 99 and 2x J9s). In my view, at these stakes it’s probably an AJ/KJ/QJs combo being grossly overplayed after the flop and turn suggest neither of you have the J. There’s also the classic AA/KK which they expect to win every hand, albeit I’d have expected them to lead an earlier street with those.

You will sometimes get screwed by that tiny number of combos that has you beat, but calling down these stupid moves microstakes players make on the river is where a tonne of my winrate comes from - there’s a difference between being a calling station and looking people up with very strong hands

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I much prefer to isolate a limper with 77 rather than limp behind. If it was multible limpers at a full ring table, I would be more ok with limping behind. As played you obviously have to call the isolation raise from SB.

Flop
SB checks and the preflop limper makes a meaningless bet of 2c into a pot of 32c confirming the fact, he is a fish. A bet like this should always be ignored, so the way to look at this is, that they both checked to you. For me this mean, you are likely to have the best hand, but between them they could have up to 4 overcards, that are drawing to a better two pair than yours. I dont want to let them draw for free, so I would have made a real bet here of around half pot.

Turn
Kind of the same story, since once again you are facing a check and a meaningless fish bet. Your situation is a bit worse now though, since you also lose to any random 9X, that just got there, because you gave a free turn card.

River
Yet another fish bet, and with a full house you obviously have to make a real bet now. I think, your sizing is a little bit of the large side. As the hand played out, none of them should really have anything here, unless someone has exactly T8 and rivered a straight, so I kind of lean towards a somewhat smaller size than almost full pot.

Now however SB wakes up with a check-jam, and as others have said, this is a very trivial call even with the somewhat deep stacks, that both of you had. Its very unlikely, he isolated preflop with J7, and if he slowplayed a boat until the river and was lucky enough, that you ended up making a worse boat, then more power to him. It worked for him this time, but in the long run he is missing out on tons of value by playing in such a passive way.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to call there.

There is also a rivered straight with T8, which it is even more likely, SB would play this way. And Hero beat one of the possible boats as well. Maybe he would just complete preflop with 22 or T8s, but then he would also just complete with J9s, and then Hero really only lose to 3 combos of 99 and 1 combo of JJ.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there’s a difference between being a calling station and looking people up with very strong hands

Exactly. Success in the micros does not come from making hugely nitty folds in a situation, where you only lose to a few combos, and where the opponent could very well have a worse hand, which he think, he is raising for value. If you just never fold a full house on a single paired board, you are going to be completely fine. Most of your opponents wont get away either, when your full house is better than theirs, and then it is per definition just a cooler.

G

gochillgo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Guys for the insights. 1 hand with so many wonderful analysis! At the river, I only had, maybe he got a J or nervously 99? Then called :)
Will keep these ideas in mind:
- minimize limping
- call if not too many combos to beat you
- what a fish bet is like, real bet, controlled bet-not too much
- betting nuts later to prevent easy folds by weaker hands

Thanks!