River: ($0.97) A♣ (2 players)
BB bets $1.52 (all-in), MP (Hero) folds

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's break it down. Villain's range in the BB is very wide, so once he calls this flop, it's hard to put him on an exact range. He can have all small pocket pairs 22-77, suited connectors like 89, and all broadway combinations. I think 34 is very unlikely but without knowing how loose the player is, it's hard to tell.

On the turn, when the flush comes in, he elects to go for a donk-lead pot-sized bet. It's unfortunate that this card also gives us top 2, but this is an immediate fold for me, especially at the micros. I'll tell you why: Villain has range advantage, like I stated above, we really have a hard time putting him on a range here because he flatted from the BB. If this hand was a little different, say we were UTG +1 and Villain was on the BTN and 3bet us pre, and we called with 67d, and had this flop and turn, I think my decision would be much tougher, and I would probably end up shoving the turn because it's harder for a BTN 3bet range to have a flush or a strong hand here(like a set). However, in this situation facing a donk-lead we have to fold this. At the micros, most players play ABC poker, meaning there are little, if any, bluffs on a board like this. It is of course possible that Villain is a maniac and decided to bluff you here with the Ace of clubs, but in all my time spent at 2NL, this screams a turned flush, and I would fold immediately on the turn.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100bbs it's pretty close on the river. Probably ok to fold to an overshove on the river because it's 2NL. Seems odd to be making a pot size bet on the turn w/ a flush. Never folding the turn though. It's probably more of a combo draw, but sometimes these guys just bet huge when they hit.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In addition to what was said above me, he could just have Ax that rivers a bigger 2 pair and blocks the nut flush

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have played it the exact same way that you did I think. Agree with John A that we can't fold turn but as played on river it's just so unlikely he's betting this way with worse. Those types of overbets at these stakes on the river especially are just so value heavy.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on turn you behind against so many hands - sets, straights, flashes. your only outs for full house. you have to think on turn - what will i do if he bet on river(an he will obviously). additionaly i would consider his timing on flop was it insta?

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
flush and straight don't play ever that in turn, they will check and raise on turn, or bet first on river. i think, opp had A8 with one spade.

B

blackburn44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he has a really wide range when the villian is flatting.

even on the wet board, againist to a wide range player, if you have minimum 2 pair or a set, i think you should reraise turn in order to get info. because your hand ia too strong to fold in turn. but you must also think what you gonna do in river.

G

Groove Dash

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
on turn you behind against so many hands - sets, straights, flashes. your only outs for full house. you have to think on turn - what will i do if he bet on river(an he will obviously). additionaly i would consider his timing on flop was it insta?

he insta bet me

G

Groove Dash

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm trying to avoid these hands in NL2, most of the time I find myself in a weird spot.

B

blackburn44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are only blocking sets there. but board is really wet. there are straight and flush draw possibility. againist a high vpip player, it was nice float. but you should also consider folding turn. he is leading out of position.