Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
Full (8-10 seats)
Currency
$
As you play pocket 22, it is very interesting to know your not only opinions, but also practice!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like to fold pre unless I have position or am getting a cheap calling price.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And how do you play if it's aggressive or not in the game?
If the game is aggressive you should fold them more from most positions as you are more likely to face a raise. You can usually open them from positions like the CO and BTN at some frequency, then these hands often turn into bluffs post flop as they benefit a great deal from getting higher pairs to fold. But at lower stakes its generally better to just play stronger hands when you're newer to the game and not bothering to make these slightly profitable bluffs against players who play like maniacs

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Если игра агрессивная, вам следует сбрасывать их чаще с большинства позиций, так как велика вероятность получить рейз. Обычно вы можете открывать их с позиций, таких как CO и BTN, с некоторой частотой, затем эти руки часто превращаются в блефы на постфлопе, поскольку они сильно выигрывают от сброса старших пар. Но на более низких лимитах, как правило, лучше просто разыгрывать более сильные руки, когда вы новичок в игре, и не заморачиваться с этими слегка прибыльными блефами против игроков, которые играют как маньяки.
Если у вас достаточно стека.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I open 22 from the BTN 100% and 50% from CO. It becomes 3 street bluff on some dry boards, especially with Ace, for example A94. On many other boards it's just a give up.

J

jday00m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late position 1st in , Raise. with lots of callers late position just call, no set no bet.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me in cash games the main idea is not to just stealing the blinds, which makes almost pointless to play the 22.
We can't hope in staights / flushes, all we have to hope to hit the set and win a medio one, or opp miss the draws and our small pocket will be good for a minimum win. In the other hand, bigger sets, runner staights or flushes gets there, both placing us in a very bad shoes where we can loose much more times than win with it.
If you really want to play this combination, I can relate to do so from Button or SB-BB situation, but don't aim with it too big chips.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is this a low-efficiency hand, hoping for 2 on the flop with a very small probability? Can I just come in to watch the flop? if there is no raise on the board, 22 of course falls into certain starting hands, but it will be very difficult to play them, in most cases you will have to bluff

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No raise to my button I will raise, CO only raise if I know the button isn't a CS and the blinds fold a ton. EP folding

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either unraised or one raise pot maximum preflop. Post flop I mostly fold if I miss.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As you play pocket 22, it is very interesting to know your not only opinions, but also practice!
You can find there is several opinions as well

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I usually try to hit a set and/or take the pot down after a c-bet on the flop. I do not feel very comfortable in early position, so I regularly fold them, especially if I know that aggressive players are behind me.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very general question. Of course it is impossible to answer you in a specific way, since for this it is necessary to know the entire sequence that surrounds the hand. For instance: positions played, effective stacks, etc.
Greetings.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I play 22 very rare. Only if I have much chips and only 1-2 players are in play.