iokimao (SB) checks, ratbat615 (BB) bets $0.06, iokimao (SB) calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.24) 4 (2 players)
iokimao (SB) checks, ratbat615 (BB) checks

River:
($0.24) K (2 players)
iokimao (SB) checks, ratbat615 (BB) bets $0.23, iokimao (SB) calls $0.23

Total pot: $0.70 (Rake: $0.02)

Showdown:
ratbat615 (BB) shows 4 J (a pair of Fours)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 59%, Flop: 20%, Turn: 11%, River: 0%)

iokimao (SB) shows 5 6 (a pair of Fives)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 41%, Flop: 80%, Turn: 89%, River: 100%)

iokimao (SB) wins $0.68
Guys help me because I think 🤔 I am going crazy 😜 just one question 🙋‍♀️ how did the villain 🦹‍♀️ know I never bet pot maybe 🤔 I should have bet smaller?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
You have the lowest pair on the board and it's blind vs. blind.

In those low stakes, people often do not let go in case they have hit something. I wouldn't risk my stack and bet full pot as a bluff. Especially not against a big one. How do you know he has no T, K, A?

And usually it's a bad idea to try to bluff away a big stack. It does not work very often.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
don't attempt to blow a calling station off of their hand.

CitizenOfSky

CitizenOfSky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
Preflop. According to MMasherdog preflop bible J4s is 50% 3-bet, 50%- flat call.

Flop. When you bluff you should think what value hands are you representing. If you represent Ax hand you should bet 3 times- flop, turn, river. Anyway after flat calling preflop you don't have many Ax hands in your range.

On microstakes people often play check-fold. Flop play is not bad. And you also have backdoor straight and backdoor flush.

Turn. If you are representing Ax you should bet. If you want to go on showdown with your pair of 4 you should check turn and check river.

River bet is bad with your hand. You are representing Kx hand. But Kx hand would often check flop because it has showdown value.

Flush - dro missed, villian made good hero-call.

P. S. A) Bet flop, bet turn, bet river or b) bet flop, check turn, check river or c) check flop, check turn, check river

P. P.S. Sorry for bad english.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop: Depends on villain whether I am calling this or not or just folding (or potentially raising if I think they can fold pre). If villain is tight I am throwing this away and moving on but there are plenty of players that will raise with any two here so I would call sometimes based on what I think they would do post flop as well.

Flop: We flop two backdoors and just have jack high. This also is villain dependent on how much they fold vs call post flop but readless here I would just check back and see if I pick up equity on the turn and if they check it to me on the turn. If checked to on the turn then I would usually would fire with only J high and little showdown value.

Turn: After you bet the flop, which I usually wouldnt here unless I thought villain was a folder, then I think I would double barrel targeting flush draws as I would not think Ax with two spades on the board would have checked to me on the flop. I would bet here hoping to take it down and if not I would be checking almost all rivers if it was checked to me and leaning towards folding rivers if it was led out at me depending on sizing.

River: With another high card coming I think this is a pretty easy check back here. There is nothing worse that will call two streets here. What are we hoping for them to call with that is worse... Q high or a 33 or 22 that got here like this. The small pairs would prob bluff the flop and also would not have checked called to you imo. Therefore nothing that calls here is worse than us. Can we get better to fold? You do have a decent shot at making 5x or 10x if they should have it fold or consider folding here but they would need to have that and I would think those hands would be limited again because those you would think would bet out the flop heads up with a flush draw on the board. Therefore If I am not thinking there are too many better hands out there that would check the flop to me then the target range of bluffing (which is what you are doing here since no worse hands will call) is narrow and not worth it. Check back and take the showdown value.

Post hand: Turns out not even 5x would fold here on the river so make a note on this player if you havent already that they will call two streets with smaller pairs and then look to bet larger against them in the future with value hands.

RafaCastelo

RafaCastelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
well....i agree that trying to bluff a big stack out of the hand with that board was quite a risky move....AND on the other hand we do have a crazy calling station that calls with a simple pair of 5s on the same board 😄😄.....so the only reasonable clonclusion is you guys would perform an awesome partnership in Vegas.....💲💲💲

L

LemonadeJooe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
SK
Chips
What did you do wrong?
Everything.
Starting with your short stack and bb defense range.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally if someone raises SB vs BB and they don't range bet an A high flop, then they will be x/cing a lot. Regardless, betting the flop is probably ok at these stakes. Turn check is good... river bet makes no sense, because you can't rep most of the hands that would be better than 1 pair, so it should be a check behind. It looks like you're betting a busted flush draw by your line, and your opponent's calling range is going to get wide. There's really no reason to turn bottom pair into a bluff here. You're going to get looked up w/ too many hands based on your hands.

Poker Tells