No Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
What is my strategy on the flop?
In my opinion BB has a lot of trash hand. Also I have range + nutadvantage. So betting small should be enough to make hands fold like Tx 9x 8x. Gs will call anyway in my opinion.

Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 179.5 BB
SB: 209 BB
BB: 100 BB
UTG: 40.5 BB
Hero (MP): 100 BB
CO: 39 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7:spade: 7:club:

fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (5.5 BB, 2 players) 4:heart: A:spade: J:diamond:
BB checks, Hero bets 4 BB, BB calls 4 BB

Turn: (13.5 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (13.5 BB, 2 players) J:club:
BB bets 8.5 BB, fold

[spoil]BB wins 12.5 BB
Rake paid 1 BB
[/spoil]

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Generally with bigger flop bets you are not betting your whole range and a hand like 77 doesnt really want to big bet. When you use this sizing and he calls you are almost always beat. If you want to leverage range advantage something like a 1/3rd pot bet should be sufficient to get some folds from hands with equity and also if he has a 4 or 55, 33 he his more likely to call. It's a fairly dry board too so I think 1/3rd pot would work better.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
Either bet small or check back. There are room for different styles here, and personally I lean towards checking back. The issue with betting big is, that not many hands call other than an A or J. So its close to being, whats known as a "game theory disaster bet", where everything worse than your hand fold, and everything better call.

Turn
As played check back.

River
Other than hitting a set this was one of the best runouts, you could hope for, with an undercard to your pair, and a card pairing the board. If he has a J, he already had you beat on the flop, and now there are only two of them left. So its not like, if a K or Q came, where now you lose to some hands, you were beating before. So if you had made a small flop bet, where he might hang on with some gutshot draws or pure floats, then I would most likely hero call here to try and snap off some bluffs. But the issue is, that when you made it so big, he likely only continued with hands, that beat you, and even though there are now less combos of them, they still beat you. So as played I agree with the fold.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What is my strategy on the flop?
In my opinion BB has a lot of trash hand. Also I have range + nutadvantage. So betting small should be enough to make hands fold like Tx 9x 8x. Gs will call anyway in my opinion.

Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 179.5 BB
SB: 209 BB
BB: 100 BB
UTG: 40.5 BB
Hero (MP): 100 BB
CO: 39 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7:spade: 7:club:

fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (5.5 BB, 2 players) 4:heart: A:spade: J:diamond:
BB checks, Hero bets 4 BB, BB calls 4 BB

Turn: (13.5 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
BB checks, Hero checks

River: (13.5 BB, 2 players) J:club:
BB bets 8.5 BB, fold

[spoil]BB wins 12.5 BB
Rake paid 1 BB
[/spoil]
How much hands have you played versus Villain to be so sure BB has more trashes than good hands? And what is the point of BB having dominated hands such as A2o-A8o, or J2o-J6o?
You should’ve bet small on the flop but you have polarized your range, betting 3/4 of the pot?
When you bet this much do you expect to get call from which hands, giving flop? Busted 4x, such as K4 or Q4?
It worths for nothing having range plus nut advantage if your Villain have no idea what this means and it is going to call with any dominated Ace or Jack.
We can bet this flop a couple of times, and the proper sizing would be 1/3 of the pot, considering you have some trashes yourself that could’ve opened from MP.
We also can check this flop a couple of times and use the power of position to get information and a free turn card.
When you bet this much OTF you expect to get called for 22, 33, 55 and 66 as dominated value hands. There aren’t too many bluffs for this flop situation, no flush draws to charge and only SD’s for hands as 32, 52, JT, QJ.
More important is to have quality information about the villain and control the pot, because if they are going to fold, they will fold for 1/4, 1/3 or 2/3 bet. So what’s the point of betting that much?
When you have AK, AQ, AJ and AA you will get tons of folds betting this much, because you are polarizing your range and thus giving information that either you want to inflate the pot or you missed it and desires fold equity.