$2 NL HE 6-max: AA x AK madness

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
considering how deep you both are yes I think AK may be a bit light to stack off with, however he blocks AA and KK so not terrible.
however I think your play of 4bet jamming may be -EV. if your shocked he stacked off then that means that you expected villain to fold some of his best hands, fold equity is not what we desire pre flop with the best hand in hold em, villain will likely fold A10+ which is a total disaster.
why not 4bet to like 0.80 cents?
If you only 4bet jam with AA you are super easy to play against to an informed player.

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's not going to be profitable to call 230bb shoves in these spots. They have more AA/KK than QQ/JJ. Even if they showed you QQ face up, before the rake is considered, you don't have enough equity to call.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a hand where if you are looking at results O then you played the hand flawlessly. You got a much worse hand to for whatever reason call off such a huge bet when you were a huge fav. Problem is even at 2NL you cant expect this happen a lot (this deep anyway) and you I think there is a better way to play the hand against most villains or the population villain.

My thinking here is we should be 4 betting for sure here since we are so deep and we want to play for stacks but it has to be a special kind of a villain here (or just flat out facing KK which 6 handed wont be all that often) to call off this deep and even KK could consider folding depending on your image. Unless we know villain 3 bets next to never and is super tight we should be 4 betting to $1 give or take and then going from there. Jamming here should make all hands fold through QQ imo. KK is the only hand you will get to call you and even if you are up against that you should be able to get that all in post flop with an effective SPR of 2 is assuming you 4 bet to $1 and a call by villain. Jamming here will let most villains off the hook too easily and foregoes value in most cases. Again, in this hand you look like a genius but its not the best play over time.