10NL QQ

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is 63.3/6.1/1 after 147 hands
He has been limping a lot, I have been raising him a lot when he limps, and he has been calling me down with 2nd pair hands usually at least calling to the turn with god knows what. My read is he's a pretty bad player and has been playing a lot like he's a limit player. I've taken about 70 bb's from him the past 20-30 hands from him chasing and calling down with 84 type hands with 2nd pair. On the flop he checkraises allin which I thought was a wierd play and one that I have not seen him make I dont think at all. I really dont see him having a set here, because I dont think he would have made the go away bet, i'd think he'd make a smaller one to try and get some kind of value. I was thinking more along the lines of some kind of pair+draw, str flush draw, flush draw, maybe top pair, or possibly 9 10. Call or Fold?

full tilt poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LeggoPoker.com Hand History Converter
BTN: $1.90
SB: $4.70
BB: $7.50
Hero (UTG): $18.05
UTG+1: $12.90
MP1: $2.10
MP2: $3.90
CO: $9.05
Pre-Flop: Qs Qc dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to $0.40, 6 folds, BB calls $0.30
Flop: ($0.85) 9s 2h Ts (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB raises to $7.10 and is All-In, Hero ??

loopmeister

loopmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He might have a set, or two pair. But he could just as well hold JJ, Tx, A9, or two spades. It's marginal. Bad players tend to overbet their good hands, so I'm leaning towards a fold here.

If you call and lose, he may just hit and run and you've undone all your hard work. If you fold, you lose 10BB which you can milk back with interest over the next few rounds.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy fold.
We only have $1 invested, and it'll cost us $6.50 to win $7.80'sh.

I'd say that the chances are he finally hit that two pair he's been trying to make against you for the past 30 hands, and now he wants to cash in.

If he's being over aggressive and this is a steam move, then so be it. Encourage such behavior by folding this time. Snag him when he overextends himself and you have something better than an over pair.

To sum it up, pass on this questionable/risky pot and stick him under more favorable circumstances. Slaughtering the cow on his terms is dangerous. Go back to milking and wait for a more opportune time to slit his throat.

Last edited:
B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call. Sure it's possible he has a set or two pair, but it's also possible (and more likely) that he has top pair good kicker, top pair bad kicker, middle pair, a flush draw, a str9 draw, ect.

P

phatjose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first thought was 63 VPIP, snapcall fistpump. Then I looked at his AF. 1 AF is like not really much at all. This just reeks of a flopped set or 2 pair with the crai. I probably hit my timer button to actually think about this one, but would end up folding.

Rich, you say that you don't think he would make this kind of bet with a set because he would want to get more value, but someone who is 63/6/1 isn't exactly someone I would consider a good player who actually thinks beyond "I R HAV DA NUTZ, ARRRRRIN." The fact that you haven't seen him crai and instead just call down should also be setting off warning bells.

zebranky

zebranky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold time...

I wouldn't call this an easy fold, but I think its a fold just the same. You've got a reasonably good read on him, and the stats make it unlikely he's bluffing or semi-bluffing - remember he's been chasing your hands down and losing, rather than bluffing, according to your comments. So what can you put him on, given that he called from the BB? I don't thinkn he would be hold a small pair for trips (even most dumbasses know to slow play a little on sets), so my inclination is he hit two pair with a T9s, which is especially likely given the hands he's played previously. He may figure you for AT or A9, and want to protect his two-pair from a suckout. Fold and get your money back by out-playing him later.

My only problem is that the low-cost players will often push for almost no reason at all - no matter what their stats say - because who really cares about 8 bucks? If you've got confidence in how you've described his playing style, then I think you fold. IF you think he's started steaming in the last few hands or changed his style in anyway, I wouldn't say its bad to call him out and see what he's really got. I've paid way more than 6 bucks for peace-of-mind before.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I had been raising the majority of his limps since I knew he was limping with crap cards, I did figure he was steaming abit. His checkraise allin was so uncharacteristic of this player, with his strong and garbage hands alike that his play just didnt make any sense to me, so i figured that he had reached the breaking point and decided to call.

B

BigStakes101

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't think this is an insta fold this guy can have AK AQ or A9s A10s so i would definantly think about it first

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turns out he had J10 actually, which was worse than I thought, although he was lucky enough to river a backdoor straight on me so, congrats to him. Here's another hand that was kind of similiar to the first one, in that i get checkraised all in holding an overpair. The pot is offering me about 2 to 1. He is 37.5/25/1.5. He is relatively new to the table though. His raise doesnt seem as much out of line as in the first hand, since theres more money in the pot to be won. I think his range is AJ,Ax suited, KJ,QJ,33,55,flush draw,46s,35,pair+draw,or air. Is this a call, considering the pot odds i'm getting and the fact that I'm ahead of the majority of his range? Or should I fold because I don't know enough about this guy, and wait for a better spot.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LeggoPoker.com Hand History Converter
BB: $1.70
UTG: $20.95
UTG+1: $15.15
MP1: $9.05
MP2: $9.60
Hero (CO): $10.25
BTN: $1.85
SB: $7.65
Pre-Flop: Kh Kd dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.65, BTN calls $0.65, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.55, MP2 calls $0.55
Flop: ($2.75) 3d 5s Jd (4 Players)
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $2.25, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $8.95 and is All-In, Hero ???

zebranky

zebranky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the 2nd hand

by his PF play, I would rule out AA through TT as likely hands (he flat calls, then overcalls the raise - when a stronger hand should have raised again). So I would put him on one of the variety of drawing hands or small pairs.
He checks the flop and re-raises you all in. there's really only two possibilities. He has a low pair and hit 2nd or 3rd trips, or he's semi-bluffing because he thinks he can push you out. Given the uncoordinated flop, it is possible he has the set, wich beats you. But given how he move on you last time, I don't think he's much into slow-playing. I say he's semi-bluffing with either the flush draw, or has the J with an okay kicker (K or Q). Either way he's being over-aggressive, and I would punish him. If he has the set, that the way it falls, but it just doesn't seem likely. 90% of the time you have the best hand here, and you have to stick with it.

pokerace3454

pokerace3454

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think calling it they suck at NL$10
QQ vs middle pocket pair high connectors ace face card suited
you got to call