10NL Flop 2 Pair vs Scary River

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is 32/1/3.8 over ~80 hands

Do you throw out a blocking bet here? Check/Call? Check/Fold?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Hero ($6.35)
UTG ($5.25)
MP ($18.95)
Button ($15.80)
SB ($10.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8
club.gif
, 6
diamond.gif
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.35) 6
heart.gif
, 8
spade.gif
, 9
spade.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets $0.3, UTG folds, MP calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.95) K
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.8, MP calls $0.80.

River: ($2.55) J
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero ?

H

hypergenius

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
check or bet half the pot, you're opponent style is important in the decision

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The flush draw is so obvious on this one that I check and pay off a 1/4 or less bet and fold to anything bigger. But I also bet more on the turn, in this case $1.50.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The flush draw is so obvious on this one that I check and pay off a 1/4 or less bet and fold to anything bigger. But I also bet more on the turn, in this case $1.50.

He bet pot, you don't want to bet $1.50 there.

P

PoSInC

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personnaly on this one I would chek on the river to see what Hero would do and decide on his action the best move for me.
You don't want to bet too much.. Use the logic a small win is better than a big lost.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The pot is only 0.95, what is the point of betting 1.50?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The pot is only 0.95, what is the point of betting 1.50?

IMHO the villian is on a FD so we need to size our bet to make it incorrect for him to chase the flush.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMHO the villian is on a FD so we need to size our bet to make it incorrect for him to chase the flush.
So we need to offer him ~3:1 pot odds on his ~4:1 draw. I fail to see how making a bet that will give him 1.5:1 pot odds is a great play, and not a ridiculous overbet here.

To give him incorrect odds to call we only need to bet half the pot. Even if he's holding As7s, betting pot on the turn is plenty.

Oh, and I'm in the check/call boat. I'd be willing to call a bet of up to ~1.25. But it really depends on the reads on villain.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see why everyone has assumed that the 3rd spade is a scary card here (other than the OP said so). This guy has called a pot sized bet on the flop and the turn. If he's got a couple of spades he's been paying too much to chase the third.

Against a less aggressive opponent I'm betting the river for value. I would raise it to ~$1.50. If he's been playing all along with a TPTK he'll likely call a bet he wouldn't make if checked to (he can see the FD same as us). Against this guy, I think check/calling works best because he's very likely to take a stab at the pot based on his AF.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hero check-calls any reasonable bet.

Opening the betting here can be a total disaster, because if we bet then it has to be largeish, and any re-raise will be a disaster for us. Our hand isnt that strong, and is not crushed by a flush, and lots of higher 2-pair type hands.

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep.. another ch-call vote here.

Players at this level are notorious for chasing at any cost. Wouldn't really surprise me to see him flip a TQ (with or without any spades) or something to be completely honest.

He could easily have lots of other hands most notably stuff like A9, A8, any 7, overcards (AK/Q/J/T) etc etc...

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ended up betting 1.50 into the river, villain shoved me, and I folded. Wasn't really sure what to do at the river though. My thought process was that I could still get value out of a single pair, but if he shoves I know im beat and I fold.

F

fellowswheel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He could have been drawing to a weak ace and missed I say fire out another 80 cents. If you check instead of value bet the person could shove all in, giving you no ability to call. If you fire 80 cents out you might still get an all in though its more likely a strong all in, which u should fold to rather than a straight up he though you looked weak bluff.