$100 PLO 6-max: Too weeak to cold callin middle ?

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting stacks:
SB 26
BB 16
UG 31
+1 63.5 (ME)

I have Jc Jd 9c 4d

UG calls bb
ME calls bb
FOLDS
SB calls bb
BB raises pot
SB folds
UG calls pot
ME calls pot

FLOP: 8d 3c 10h

BB raises pot
UG folds
ME calls

TURN: As

BB raises allin
I call.

I've got outs consisting of 4 7's, 4 Q's and maybe the other two jacks, assuming this guy was on 2 pair and not the trip aces. Q's aren't usually a consideration there for me as they give me a possible lower straight.

I played this a little soft cause I had so much stack on him, but what hands do you consider strong enough to cold call in the middle?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your borderline preflop line is not optimal in this case, since you have short villains in stacks, and surely you have noticed a lot of breadth in the call ranges. So anyway, you would get a multi-way boat in this spot.
On the other hand, your hand has a regular force in preflop. We could say that it is a 100% balanced range (50%. In value and strength of kicker). But having many open calls, it is not convenient to neglect your line. It is worth highlighting the level you play PLO. In front of massive boats, your hand is quite short of action.
In the flop the texture is regular for your range. You are now OOP from the top of the villain ranks (since you don't have high value blockers). And from the structure of average values, your hand blocks semi bluffs in the V ranges. So you are fundamentally facing a polarized range between medium and high values. Your defensive line is inevitable in this case, since the investment assumes something similar to 25% of your stack. But clearly it is a place you can avoid from preflop. When you notice that there are several open calls, out of position.
Greetings.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Starting stacks:
SB 26
BB 16
UG 31
+1 63.5 (ME)

I have Jc Jd 9c 4d

UG calls bb
ME calls bb
FOLDS
SB calls bb
BB raises pot
SB folds
UG calls pot
ME calls pot

FLOP: 8d 3c 10h

BB raises pot
UG folds
ME calls

TURN: As

BB raises allin
I call.

I've got outs consisting of 4 7's, 4 Q's and maybe the other two jacks, assuming this guy was on 2 pair and not the trip aces. Q's aren't usually a consideration there for me as they give me a possible lower straight.

I played this a little soft cause I had so much stack on him, but what hands do you consider strong enough to cold call in the middle?

Thank U 4 Posting.

We do not want to just call with J high flush draws giving great odds to the same flush draws Ax Kx Qx high over calling.

We need to raise to clean up our outs.

As played a BB with 16BB stack raises 3 players pot.

What range do you expect there?

If it is AAxx or KKAx our JJ should not over call for set mining.
We could easily flop a flush draw and be almost dead to either player or a combo of the 2.
JJ94 is not a great run down hand either considering utg may also have middle card rundowns.

The issue with your outs is that a J gives AKKQ a straight when you make a set.
The Q may make V a bigger straight. So many of the paint outs maybe gone already or not be good. Utg may have had a Q so you could be down to 2 Q's

On the flop is when we need to go with the hand. We know V is shoving any card on the turn and we get 2 shots at the straight for all the chips. We have 2 back door flush draws a straight draw and maybe even the best pair at that moment.

We still have 47 BB's if we lose and the decision to go all-in is actually more mathematically correct on the flop.

Hope this helps
:):)