$100 NLHE Full Ring: Was I right to fast play this ?

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds 50/$1 full ring

Folds to MP around 50 BB who raises to $2.50

Folds to C/O 70+BB who calls

Folds to hero in BB 45BB holding Ah2h hero calls

Pot $8
Flop 2c 2d 4c
MP bets $11 CO calls

I decided to go all in here and not slow play as they are plenty of cards I wouldn't want to see on the turn. I'm putting MP on an over pair or hands like AKs AQs the cut off I thought hands like pocket 7s 8s 9s or a draw

MP tanks then calls CO folds

MP shows QcJc

Board runs out turn 6h
River 7c

Mp wins Q high flush

Would the better play to have been to call the flop bet and then jam turn?

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played fine. I find defending a MP raise in a full ring game a bit dubious from the BB but I'm not sure whether this is live or online so that may change things somewhat. On the flop, as played is fine facing such a weird sizing and with a lower SPR due to not being 100BB+ deep.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got your 45 BB stack all in on the flop with your opponent drawing to 8 clubs. He sucked out and you lost, but you played the hand fine.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Blinds 50/$1 full ring

Folds to MP around 50 BB who raises to $2.50

Folds to C/O 70+BB who calls

Folds to hero in BB 45BB holding Ah2h hero calls

Pot $8
Flop 2c 2d 4c
MP bets $11 CO calls

I decided to go all in here and not slow play as they are plenty of cards I wouldn't want to see on the turn. I'm putting MP on an over pair or hands like AKs AQs the cut off I thought hands like pocket 7s 8s 9s or a draw

MP tanks then calls CO folds

MP shows QcJc

Board runs out turn 6h
River 7c

Mp wins Q high flush

Would the better play to have been to call the flop bet and then jam turn?

This hand is very complicated to read. Could you please copy the hand history into the CardsChat Hand Replayer, because it makes our lives easier.
One more thing, is this 100 NLHE? Strange fact that all the players are broken stack.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop you could squeeze this hand, but I guess just calling is also fine. I am not folding a suited ace from BB, when the open is only 2,5X. On the flop I do lean towards just calling, because preflop raiser made an overbet, so raising looks super strong. Plus you can always get it in on the river, if turn checks around. Getting it in on the flop is not bad though, so we are splitting hairs here.