$100 NLHE Full Ring: Check raise on the flop -- makes no sense?

K

Kolkov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Folds around to me in the high jack. I'm sitting around $150. I have aces and open up to $3. Villain is in the small blind and he puts in the 3-bet to $9. He has me covered and I repop to $24. Pretty standard so far. Flop comes 3D 4C 7D. Checks to me and I put in a bet of $30. Villain tanks for a while, then repops it to $74. What do you guys think the correct play in this spot is?

Any and all feedback on how I played the hand is more than welcomed. Thanks in advance!

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fist pump shove!

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like an easy shove im never folding this spot, if you dont have the Ad it makes it better for your hand but i wouldn't fold regardless.

B

blackburn44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think the opponent has two pair here. she can have a set or a straight. but mostly has a flush draw. I would shoove unless the opponent is nitty/passive.

K

Kolkov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fist pump shove!

Yeah, see that's what I did and I think it's the correct move but when he turned over pocket sevens I started questioning everything I thought I knew about poker.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well that's the problem with this spot. You'll hear pros saying that top sets will likely slow play on that flop but not always. The problem is the villain's call for $24 and our lack of info on the villain with this call. Once he is raising you on the flop, you are hoping you are beating Kings.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me start off by saying, I do not play at this level online. I play 2/5 live but the games at the same level online are WAY harder.

1. I think the flop should be a check call for you. This flop misses your range, your opponent can have all of the strongest hands here and you can't.

2:I don't think you are deep enough in this spot to 4 bet profitabley - your 4bet basically turns your hand face up for him to play perfectly against. I would prefer a flat to his 3bet with the stack depth to play post flop.

The way you played the hand, he is going to either miss and fold or hit a set and once you cbet the pot is too big to fold.

If you flat the 3bet there is 20$ in the pot, you can check call to the river and he will most likely polarize himself by betting 3 times. You can evaluate on the river and win or lose a much smaller pot against his range, and you even have the depth to turn you hand into a bluff if the board doesn't pair with diamonds coming in.

Moral of the story- you want to play poker , not bingo �� Goodluck!

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think hand is completely face up and stacks are too small to set mine profitably with a pp that hit that board. I think V has a flush draw or an over pair to the board (KK or QQ) and wants you to fold AK. I like a shove here too.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folds around to me in the high jack. I'm sitting around $150. I have aces and open up to $3. Villain is in the small blind and he puts in the 3-bet to $9. He has me covered and I repop to $24. Pretty standard so far. Flop comes 3D 4C 7D. Checks to me and I put in a bet of $30. Villain tanks for a while, then repops it to $74. What do you guys think the correct play in this spot is?

Any and all feedback on how I played the hand is more than welcomed. Thanks in advance!

I would be happy he is popping, with 2 D's on board maybe he is chasing, re-raise and take the money.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yall playing games to much, the hell with that, I am all in at this point, nothing to think about.
I would be happy he is popping, with 2 D's on board maybe he is chasing, re-raise and take the money.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shove!!! if not with those cards and that flop, then when?
yah shove and GL

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

With the SB 3-Bet I would be thinking TT+, AQo+, AJs+. They can't possibly think they are ahead when you 4-bet, but the flop play would make sense if they hit a flush draw. Maybe they sucked out with a set, but I don't think you can anticipate that unless you know they are really loose. I would probably just shove.