$100 NLHE 6-max: Turned nuts OOP as pre flop 3 bettor, 200 BB eff

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn decision is questionable. I'll share the hand then the logic. Pre was also too small. I wanted to make it more like 16 BB.

PokerStars - $1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 254.1 BB
MP: 108.16 BB
CO: 161.9 BB
BTN: 241.59 BB
SB: 87.7 BB
Hero (BB): 202.79 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K A

UTG calls 1 BB, MP raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 14 BB, UTG calls 13 BB, MP calls 10 BB

Flop: (42.5 BB, 3 players) T 5 2
Hero bets 18 BB, UTG calls 18 BB, fold

Turn: (78.5 BB, 2 players) J
Hero checks, UTG bets 56.63 BB, Hero raises to 170.79 BB and is all-in

Ok so pre is a bit small, flop I think is standard. Turn we are heads up OOP with 78.5 BB in the pot and 170.79 BB behind. We can bet 50-55 BB here and jam river or go for the x/r now. Check calling turn seems bad since we are OOP on the river and it's a disaster if V checks back river. I opted to go for the x/r but am open to other ideas. I figured V's weakest hands would want to bluff turn here and I may get some value from them by checking. Double barreling here seems very strong and should only get called by very strong hands. I thought I could still get value from those hands by checking since they will want to bet for value and protection most of the time. So I thought I'd get a little value from weaker draws and single pair hands that then fold to the x/r and get a lot of value vs two pair, sets, smaller flushes, and combo draws that don't like money. There didn't seem to be many hands that would call a turn barrel but not a delayed river bet unless a scare card comes in. Is this too fancy? Should I just be barreling here?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah yes...the old 'stack a donk' line.

I'm thinking villain folded to your shove. I like your turn c/r, and winning 88 BBs in a hand isn't a bad result.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah yes...the old 'stack a donk' line.

I'm thinking villain folded to your shove. I like your turn c/r, and winning 88 BBs in a hand isn't a bad result.
Since it's been over a week and clearly no one has much to say I'll share. He actually tank called, I guess he thought I had some over pairs with one club. I think those hands would just barrel though. He had JTs and missed his boat.