$100 NLHE 6-max: Not betting on the turn - mistake??? Or there's no way I get more value here???

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$100 NLHE 6-max: Not betting on the turn - mistake??? Or there's no way I get more value here???

This hand started off strangely. UTG is a known player to me (small sample size of 8 hands, and limped 50% of hands - never raised pre). I'm on the button and decide to call the 7x raise of MP as I don't want to bloat the pot pre-flop.

5 to the flop, and it's a dream board. Second nuts (I am going broke ALL THE TIME here if somebody has 44 though that's not the point of my post).

The initial raiser (V1) bets less than half pot. I decide to just call here, in case somebody behind me wants to go crazy, albeit there's a small chance of that as it's highly unlikely that anybody behind yet to act (and out of position has Kings or Aces, otherwise they are raising pre). I do get one other caller.

Here's where I think I go wrong in my initial analysis.

Pot is $64, and I have a pot-sized bet left. Other two villains check, and I decide to check behind. I think I should have led here. I wonder if I should have led out with a bet, probably 30-40% pot here, so anywhere from $20 to about $25, and see if somebody wants to go crazy on me.

Instead, when the 4 hits the river, I jam with a pot-sized bet essentially, and both villains fold. I probably lost value here, and maybe should have bet smaller, like half pot, though that screams value-town.

OR.......Should I have raised on the flop? Although the problem with doing that is that's assuming that either villain (the one who bet $9.98 or the one left to act) thinks I would have called a big pre-flop raise with AQ.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it, whether I played this badly or not.

Hand history is below, and I appreciate any feedback that you may have.
pokerstars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.50/$1.00 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $138.34 (138 bb)
MP: $320.85 (321 bb)
CO: $133.50 (134 bb)
BU (Hero): $80.47 (80 bb)
SB: $100.00 (100 bb)
BB: $119.68 (120 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with Q Q
UTG calls $1, MP raises to $7, 1 fold, Hero calls $7, SB calls $6.50, BB calls $6, UTG calls $6

Flop: ($35) Q 4 4 (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP bets $9.98, Hero calls $9.98, SB calls $9.98, 2 players fold

Turn: ($64.94) 8 (3 players)
SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($64.94) 4 (3 players)
SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $63.49 (all-in), 2 players fold

Total pot: $64.94 (Rake: $2.50)
BU (Hero) wins $62.44

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo you are losing value just by playing with 80bb. I don't know why you do that but that is 20bb less you could win directly from the start.
The hand is.. cards don't come in your way that 8 on turn is irelevant unless someone has 88 so a check on turn is good. On river i would bet something small $20-$25 probably just to try yo get a call from something (any random small pair sb could have). You are more likely to get a call from pairs on the river than on the turn in this spot

T

theorian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO you should still three bet pre. If villain is willing to raise it 7x then he's probably willing to put more in. If he has AK and whiffs the flop, which is probably what happened, you're getting no more than a single c-bet out of him. Checking turn is fine. When villain checks on turn, he's given up, so the best you can hope for is for him to improve on the river. It's very difficult to get three streets of value here against any other hand (maybe AA or KK)

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, a 7x opener is large and ii can understand not wanting to inflate this, but we still need to 3-bet.

Flop, defiatley a flat call. We pretty much are nutted.

Turn, check is okay, if we bet this 8 we really need to have some bluffs in our range so a large size is better. (a small sizing here would look very suspicious.) I think it is either check or jam the turn.

River, i don't like jamming but i don't like betting small either, only because if we bet 20-25 here, it just looks so value-heavy. We still are essentially nutted even with the 3rd 4, so its just a spot where you have to decide "Am i going to get more value jamming this spot or betting small."

K

Keomis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Всем привет))

Я новенький на форуме, в покер играю очень недолго. Но за это время я понял что ненавижу карты туз король одномастные, всегда с этой рукой куча бед, я верю в эту карту и повышаю на префлопе, а в итоге меня переезжает сет 2, и это закономерно, большую часть игр с этой рукой я проигрнываю... Кто-нибудь может подсказать как избежать страха этой руки?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Я новенький на форуме, в покер играю очень недолго. Но за это время я понял что ненавижу карты туз король одномастные, всегда с этой рукой куча бед, я верю в эту карту и повышаю на префлопе, а в итоге меня переезжает сет 2, и это закономерно, большую часть игр с этой рукой я проигрнываю... Кто-нибудь может подсказать как избежать страха этой руки?

Не бойтесь AK, это очень мощная рука. Когда вы играете в нее, просто помните, что вы рисуете, вам нужно ударить туза или короля, чтобы выиграть.

K

Keomis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Да, это очень мощная рука, она ведь даже считается премиум рукой, но как бы я её не разыграл, агрессивно или пассивно, есть комбинация на столе или нет, в большинстве случаев она проигрывает. Вот почему я её боюсь.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Понимаю. Я обычно предпочитаю играть агрессивно на префлопе, стараюсь, чтобы золото было более слабым. Иногда удача просто не на вашей стороне. Это просто звучит, может быть, что-то плохое для меня.
Кроме того, пожалуйста, размещайте эти типы вопросов на форуме кэш-игр, а не на форуме анализа рук. Люди могут предложить гораздо больше подробных консультаций!

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Admins,

Can you please delete the Russian responses in this thread as they have absolutely zero to do with my post and offer nothing in the way of insight. I am looking for peoples' opinions on the hand, not about "fear of AK".

Thank you.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I told him where to post questions like the one he had, instead of just randomly tagging them into irrelevant threads. CIngrats on your use of google translate, as well.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would def call the flop as played.

On turn one can go either way betting or checking and I would bet small with QQ as that way one can have loads of bluffs also such as AK that floated. Would bet bigger with e.g. AhQ and big flush draws such as AhKh. Would not have many checks in my range after I called on the flop with two people in the pot that checked to me on the river.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars