$100 NLHE 6-max: Misclick pre, raise / fold rivered flush on paired board?

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was reviewing hands and reluctant to post this due to mis-click pre flop. I meant to 3B but called by accident. Given action as played this river was super gross. Table was not 4 handed the whole time.

PokerStars - $1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 300.35 BB
Hero (BB): 126.39 BB
CO: 116.79 BB
BTN: 130.18 BB VP 27 / PR 13 / AF 4 / 3B 0 / F3B 4 out of 4 (68 hands)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A J

fold, BTN raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.5 BB, 2 players) 7 T K
Hero checks, BTN checks
Was planning on x/r and barreling here but V x'd back. I don't have much of a donk leading range but this wouldn't fall into that category.

Turn: (4.5 BB, 2 players) 6
Hero checks, BTN bets 2.14 BB, Hero calls 2.14 BB
Could still lead here or raise the turn but after going x/x I feel like the 6 doesn't often change much so we can get to the river super cheap with showdown value and continue to call down if we hit the Ace and x/r if we hit the Q or the flush.

River: (8.78 BB, 2 players) K
Hero checks, BTN bets 8.34 BB, Hero raises to 20.85 BB, BTN raises to 126.04 BB and is all-in, Hero ?
Not ideal since the board is paired but as played V shouldn't have many boats and we can get value from some bluff catchers, smaller flushes, and slow played Kx so I sized down to try to get a crying call but got jammed on instead. HUGE polarized raise when our hand looks like what it is and the Ace and K of clubs are blocked. We also block the Jc. It seems insane for a T high flush to 3 bet jam here. Very optimistic for a Q high flush as well. Maybe he could have KxQc and turn it into a bluff? Or he turned the T high straight with one club blocker? How often is this really not a boat?

Last edited:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't consider it a big mistake to call preflop with AJs when we looking the balance. In fact if we 3bet preflop 100% of the time with this hand, our range possibly becomes clearer for villain. What happens is that in cash games we usually give a lot of importance to the relevant blockers, depending on how the texture of the board comes. And in a preflop instance, a large part of the time we will want to be ahead of the combinations that dominate our position. Hence the idea of ​​a preflop balance, as a first step.
According to what we played our range is quite reduced to flush draw combos. In this texture I prefer to block flush cards and not block any full house / Q scales. I understand that waiting for T high in V is quite optimistic, but in this texture we must remember that it could represent a FH of tens and that it blocks a straight and unlocks FD combos. Also when calling in pre we have an unlimited range and we also represent some full houses OTR. As for the frequency that the villain can have boats, it is really low. If villain had a set, he would most likely protect it better on the flop and continue with the second barrel on the turn. It also seems quite tight (although my assessment could be very wrong, due to the size of the sample). So his bluff range increases when we raise OTR, because the villain perceives our maximum range limit, and he will want to level himself most of the time, when he can also represent his maximum value. At least that's what we can perceive most clearly, when we really didn't interfere with his more strong bluff range for this texture.
Greetings.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why the river raise so small?
This is an easy call imo. only hands that have you beat are likely 66 & Kd6d.
most 2ps bet flop & your hand is underrepped

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why the river raise so small?
This is an easy call imo. only hands that have you beat are likely 66 & Kd6d.
most 2ps bet flop & your hand is underrepped
Sized down river raise to get wider calls because how many combos can call a large river raise? Kx, 98s, and smaller flushes seem like about it and given the flop check through I'm not sure how much Kx V has.

What range of hands 3 bet stuff the river on this run out that we beat? Kx and flushes should mostly just be flatting right? I think this spot will be underbluffed but I could be wrong.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What range of hands 3 bet stuff the river on this run out that we beat? Kx and flushes should mostly just be flatting right? I think this spot will be underbluffed but I could be wrong.

vs a polarized bet I'm not prolly bluffing. And we just need to have value that beats value
If I'm bluffing then I'd prolly do it with the NFD blocker - Hmm not exactly certain tho. Cause AsX would be a decent bluff catcher as well

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I take back about AcX being a good bluff catcher. We want the villain to have Ac for him to have more bluffs.
Would be interesting to see what hands solvers actually bluff otr.

Last edited:
Full Flush Poker Folding in Poker