I've marked him as a high vpip whale. Only hand I saw beating us was AT

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very similar hand happened to me once in a live poker, but in the end I ended up folding. I think I played badly, because the chances of the villain having an ace are reduced. In this case the villain could also have KT; QT; QK; 76; 99; JJ. considering that it has a fairly wide opening.
Greetings.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That river is nasty, but I think I would have called.

To have called 2 streets with a bare Ace high would have been beyond horrible, so I agree with you thinking on AT (and maybe 55).

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Shouldn't we bet river? Maybe you can down bet if this guy is a whale. I don't think he'll fold JJ there to a small bet.

As said above, Vs really shouldn't have too many As here after 2 streets. Even whale boy:marchmell

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That river is nasty, but I think I would have called.

To have called 2 streets with a bare Ace high would have been beyond horrible, so I agree with you thinking on AT (and maybe 55).
Pretty much this although I'm not sure I actually find the call in real time, maybe most of the time. As usual though I want to know what kind of whale we have before I call. How aggressive is V, especially on the river? How high is high VPIP? We could be dealing with more value combos that just AT and 55 but if he has enough bluffs then it's still a call. I'd like to have more of that info before snapping this off and feeling good about it. V can potentially also have the 1 combo of 44, 1 combo of 54s, 2 combos of 34s, 4 combos of 32s, all of the A4 combos, some other random suited 4x combos, some whales will even show up with A2 and A3 here, etc.

B

beginnerbot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would probably just fold KK here and call with QQ. Villain can call twice with A2s and A3s because it has a straight draw. Villain may also have AQ which floated twice because it is so hard to make pairs on the board texture.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nasty spot :D. You give him only AT for value!? A whale!? What about his aggression? Mate, you can see only AT for value, but what about the bluffs!? With which hand he will bluff there? I can't see any...76s...He must shove with some pocket pair. Ot let's say 65s. Or QTs, JTs. This is crazy. I will not expect that from some "whale" very often. Maybe from some very crazy aggro fish. Maybe from some over aggro reg.

I will fold there. I know nothing. A "whale"...

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming he bluffs, value jams this range this becomes an easy call imo.
Don't have decent stats on him to get a decent enough read. But I honeslty don't know how often people bluff these spots. In my experience I get owned in these river calls than being good but I still station for whatever reason

http://www.pokerstrategy.com
Board: 5h4sTc4dAd
equity Win Tie
MP3 35.85% 35.85% 0.00% { TT-55, ATs, A5s-A4s, T8s+, 76s, ATo }
SB 64.15% 64.15% 0.00% { KdKs }

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the high vpip I think it's certainly a call because you beat most of his holdings

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, i would have called too. He does have a wider range, but due to his stats i don´t think fold was the better option. There is a high chance of him having nothing.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this guy is a whale, how come you bet kind of small on the flip?

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this guy is a whale, how come you bet kind of small on the flip?

there is no reason to go big on that flop. WE can comfortablly jam river with that flop sizing. We are trying to get calls from his entire range