CO: 133.25 BB
BTN: 86.5 BB
Hero (SB): 106.5 BB
BB: 232 BB
UTG: 192.5 BB
MP: 220 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Js Jd
UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, Hero raises to 15 BB, fold, UTG calls 12 BB, fold

Flop : (34 BB, 2 players) 6s 7c 5h
Hero checks, UTG bets 13.5 BB, Hero raises to 35.5 BB, UTG raises to 57.5 BB, Hero raises to 91.5 BB and is all-in, UTG calls 34 BB

V's loose. plays something like 44/22 ish
doesn't fold to sqzs at all - 1/7, doesn't fold to cbets as well
Don't think this is the best ev play as I've been told many times but I just wanted to get the money in asap

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a standard line, well played in my opinion, since calling 3bet leaves you in an awkward position on the turn, and I think it is more efficient to accumulate a margin of action, above the average stack, to have a greater application capacity in the post-flop.
The board opens in a coordinated direction towards the straight basses, although aided by its mixed color texture, you can obtain neutral calls from AKs; AQs; obviously we beat Ah-8h now, who has negative equity against us, and probably some overpair with gutshot project (9-9) calls us right now.
Our jacks protect us a little more than 50% and with our call to 3-bet, we would be in a balanced game situation, but this low coordination board + our commitment to the boat, makes it not a game with enough ev + to explode in each of the future streets, so a double turn-river execution, perhaps compensates for our lack of protection with the low range, which we probably consider in v.
I think we are protecting value sometimes on a thin line (for example 55/45), but we can also sometimes represent a monster, which is another positive reason to continue 4bet here, polarizing our range a bit.
Greetings.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars - $4 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

CO: 133.25 BB
BTN: 86.5 BB
Hero (SB): 106.5 BB
BB: 232 BB
UTG: 192.5 BB
MP: 220 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Js Jd
UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, Hero raises to 15 BB, fold, UTG calls 12 BB, fold

Flop : (34 BB, 2 players) 6s 7c 5h
Hero checks, UTG bets 13.5 BB, Hero raises to 35.5 BB, UTG raises to 57.5 BB, Hero raises to 91.5 BB and is all-in, UTG calls 34 BB

V's loose. plays something like 44/22 ish
doesn't fold to sqzs at all - 1/7, doesn't fold to cbets as well
Don't think this is the best ev play as I've been told many times but I just wanted to get the money in asap

Thank U 4 Posting.

Your betting suggests that this villain is completely clueless and will raise UTG and call your actions with any 2 cards. If that is true then your play is fine.

If however your villain will not get all in on the flop with 10 7 or worse you may want to think about what this villain's range actually is.

Also you may notice the bet sizing that your villain used. Again if this villain is completely clueless than this sizing does not mean anything.

On that flop the villain bet 40% pot that suggest an understanding of bet sizing.
Then the villain 3 bet min clicked and called off your 4 bet.

When this happens you may want to review this hand based on what the villain's holding was and if that holding made the bet sizing make sense vs an over pair.

Also if the villain was gambling was it with low equity or high equity?

Insights like these help you further refine your HUD stats.

You can watch for these data points while villains are in hands you are not involved in so as to not have to use your stack to clarify ranges vs loose villains.

Hope this helps

:):)

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your play is fine. You probably wouldn't have posted the hand if you'd won, so unlucky break there!

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think pre flop is perfect. I really dislike check raising this flop though. He has all the two pair hands, all the straights, all the sets. We aren't 3 betting 55, 66, or 77 much or ever. Once we x/r flop and get 3 bet we are in a horrible spot. I probably want to over fold here more than stack off. Even when we are ahead when he has 88 or 78 we get stacked a fair amount. And he could still have all the sets, two pair, or a straight already. We don't block anything. He could also have slow played KK+ pre. Just lead flop and call the raise, it's still tough but we give yourself a chance to get away without getting stacked on bad run outs. In order to be happy about stacking off here this guy would need to be a certified maniac. And I'm just not getting that from your description. We are telling him we have an over pair and he is replying by saying "Cool, let's play for stacks", it's very hard for our hand to improve on this flop unless we are drawing against 2 pair.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If that's your read, then it's fine. But typically speaking you should just bet the flop.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its kind of a rough spot against someone with a wide range, because he can have so many different two pair, so many strong draws, or even a flopped straight, and you are out of position as well. At the same time the only hands, you really get value from, are TT, 99 and maybe a hand like A7.

I think, you are actually supposed to check this flop and try to keep the pot small, or maybe you can go for a small bet to not allow a free card to hands like AQ, AJ, KQ etc, which missed but have some equity. Even against a fish you are probably not in good shape, when you get it in on this flop.