$100 NLHE 6-max: How would you play this?

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerBros - $1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

UTG: 65.51 BB
MP: 123.41 BB
Hero (CO): 100 BB
BTN: 156.92 BB
SB: 100 BB
BB: 306.85 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ac 4c
UTG raises to 2.5 BB, MP calls 2.5 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 7.5 BB

Flop : (24 BB, 2 players) 5s 7c 5c
MP checks, Hero bets 11 BB, MP calls 11 BB

Turn : (46 BB, 2 players) 6s
MP checks, Hero checks

River : (46 BB, 2 players) Qs
MP checks,

Villain should be a bit of a station as one can tell from the PF action. No stats. I was thinking of barreling Turn but atm I figured it could be a decent range check back but now I think I should've barreled it tbh. As played figured we could fold out a 7x,88,99 by bluffing riv

What's the line you'd take here? and the reason?

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Due to his actions i would put him in a middle pair or clubs suited connectors. Whithout stats it is risky cause you are passing a image of having something like AK, AJ or AQ so if he has like 88, 99 or TT it is a great chance that he will call.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since you picked up the straight draw on the turn, I think I actually like a turn barrel.

The river barrel is so player dependent. If you had enough hands, you could look at his WTSD and see whether he was a station to the end or not.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shooting on the turn is not that important as A5 is quite reduced in range V, same as 76s; 56s and 4-5. Therefore the range of the villain is limited and is oriented towards the middle pockets. If you were called on the flop, chances are good that you will be called again on the turn. Regarding your range, it is okay not to block a minor straight as you will be isolating yourself most of the time with the villain's full range of bluff catcher. This is why check of protection is a correct move on the turn.
It's easy to change your mind when we saw the result of the hand, of what we could have done differently. On this particular hand you hit the river in a 3-bet pot. So the most standard action is pot control here. With A9 we could bluff as it blocks the 9-9 bluff catcher at V range, which is important for this texture as it limits our range in straight 8-9 combos. You could also look for fold equity with AKo as it blocks mains double pairs, with first and second kicker which could sometimes function as AA and KK as well. Only do it if villain is not an call station on the river.
Greetings.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind the play here as on the turn a lot of your range should be checking. Not sure if a4cc is in a polar turn betting strategy, will have to research that.
As played villain is very pair heavy and probably shouldn't be folding to a river bet.

I like a smaller cbet as well to the conventional 1/3.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerBros - $1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

UTG: 65.51 BB
MP: 123.41 BB
Hero (CO): 100 BB
BTN: 156.92 BB
SB: 100 BB
BB: 306.85 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ac 4c
UTG raises to 2.5 BB, MP calls 2.5 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 7.5 BB

Flop : (24 BB, 2 players) 5s 7c 5c
MP checks, Hero bets 11 BB, MP calls 11 BB

Turn : (46 BB, 2 players) 6s
MP checks, Hero checks

River : (46 BB, 2 players) Qs
MP checks,

Villain should be a bit of a station as one can tell from the PF action. No stats. I was thinking of barreling Turn but atm I figured it could be a decent range check back but now I think I should've barreled it tbh. As played figured we could fold out a 7x,88,99 by bluffing riv

What's the line you'd take here? and the reason?

Hello,

Preflop and flop play is flawless. When villian checks the turn to you I recommend a 3/4 pot size bet or bigger. You have the nut flush draw as well as the open ended straight draw but with one card to come you don't even have a pair. Fold equity makes your hand more profitable with a healthy sized turn bet. When you fail to bet the turn and give him a free card it sends the signal of weakness to villian and could allow him to bluff into you on the river. By betting the turn you would be denying him this play because he wouldn't try to bluff into the strength you have represented by raising and betting preflop & two streets up to that point.