$100 NLHE 6-max: How to play overpair vs flop check raise

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,
Im not sure if i played this hand correctly. I think I have a habit of playing too passive in these situations. I feel my overpairs of JJ-QQ can really use some protection and I could employ a flop 3bet vs this check raise.
I think KK-AA need less and I can just call with those.
No stats on villain as it is anonymous.
Hand is attached.
Cheers

Attachments

• qq.jpg
    qq.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 16
C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Attached image is a graph and not a hand history.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
attachment.php

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks fine to me, can't do much really with our holding on any strt & honestly it's the ugliest runout & don't think the villain has too much bluffs here

On a side note bluffing an ace turn on this board seems like a really good play no? I don't do that often maybe I should. Because from the Hero's pov it's so hard to call down a lot of hands

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think of 3betting the flop?

B

beginnerbot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't 3bet the flop on paired boards. You have the positional advantage and villain will have a hard time guessing whether you have a draw or a strong hand. If you raise, you let villain fold his pairs too easily. If a bad card comes, villain doesn't know if you got it or not.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think of 3betting the flop?

could be viable without a diamond. but then what are you hoping to get called that you are ahead of & what are you trying to fold?
lets say I know villain to be a laggy possibly fishy who'd overplay a flush draws & some middle pairs, then I wouldn't mind 3betting but still you are flipping with FDs. And in my experience people don't xr pairs in this spot often

so I'd just call & eval later

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
could be viable without a diamond. but then what are you hoping to get called that you are ahead of & what are you trying to fold?
lets say I know villain to be a laggy possibly fishy who'd overplay a flush draws & some middle pairs, then I wouldn't mind 3betting but still you are flipping with FDs. And in my experience people don't xr pairs in this spot often

so I'd just call & eval later
I guess that's true.
I would say I would 3bet to charge his drawing hands - although calling the check raise still Keeps his draws in.

I've just been seeing good high stakes zoom players 3bet the flop a lot recently so I was trying incorporate it into my game

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess that's true.
I would say I would 3bet to charge his drawing hands - although calling the check raise still Keeps his draws in.

I've just been seeing good high stakes zoom players 3bet the flop a lot recently so I was trying incorporate it into my game

those are most likely gto lines vs regs

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what was going on with my browser. Now both images appear to be fixed. I also saw at one point where on my phone the image was of the HH but on my laptop the same post showed a different image of a graph. Maybe some caching error.

At any rate I also think your line is fine. The run out is gross and we are already bluff catching on the turn. When diamonds come in on the river we can only beat 7x, JJ-, and 89. I don't think most Vs are aggressive enough to triple barrel bluff their whole stack with this run out while being out of position against the PFR though. In general they will just have it. Either the Tx, the Ax, boat, or the flush. I also think 3 betting flop should be the exception to the rule. We are hoping, without reads, that V will have enough draws and chase them OOP for a bad price and we get owned by Tx and the occasional 77, KK+. In position I would prefer flatting the flop raise to eval until we have better reads.