$100 NLHE 6-max: All Advice Welcome and Appreciated.

Shwiggler

Shwiggler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure I played this one optimally. Any suggestions about how to better play pre, post, and turn appreciated.

Opponent is 30/20/ 12.5 3 bet 190 hands
2.1 agg

Hand Converted by Ace Poker Drills Poker Training Software

NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer
SB ($151)
BB ($87.43)
UTG ($96.50)
UTG+1 ($103)
CO ($100)
Hero ($107)

CO posts $1

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:diamond:

fold, fold, CO checks, Hero raises to $4, SB raises to $14, fold, fold, Hero raises to $30, SB calls $16

FLOP ($62) Q:heart: T:club: 4:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($62) Q:heart: T:club: 4:heart: 9:club:

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you 4bet was your plan if he jammed?
What range do you think he flats your 4bet with OOP?

What did the villain do on the turn?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not many players call 4bets worth %30 of stack sizes with less than like TT+/AK, maybe AQ, and that range has %50-%60 equity against us. So I don't really get past turn unless he's aggro enough to bluff with AK a lot or calls significantly wider than the above range. That, or if he bets and gives us direct odds.

Shwiggler

Shwiggler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you 4bet was your plan if he jammed?
What range do you think he flats your 4bet with OOP?

What did the villain do on the turn?

I would have called against this villain.

On the turn:SB bets $31

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting 3:1, I probably fold unless villain is really bad or gives up a lot of rivers.

If we hit our straight: sometimes he has a flush; doesn't pay off when he has TP or an overpair; maybe pays off a shove if he has a set, unlikely though given our range is mostly Jx, and our range for betting a K/8 river is %95 Jx.

If we hit our jack: we may make a bad call vs AK/KK; we don't get paid off by AQ/AA anymore and essentially get value only from stubborn undersets, which is debatable given his range is more weighted towards TT+ than 88 or 99, and QQ obv beats us.

So I fold.

TheCol

TheCol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a smooth call from the small blind when you reraised, kind of puts him on AK KK or QQ. I really wouldnt put him on anything less. I wouldnt see the villian smooth calling with AA there. So I dont put him on that hand.
Now with the flop being Q 10 4 and both check.You played the flop right by checking to see another card for free. Now the villian could have flopped a monster set of queens on the flop.
Now the turn is a 9. The villian bets$30 to save his set from a st8 draw. I dont think he would have bet with AK there but maybe KK. It looks like you are behind in the hand on the turn. Looking at your chip stack, you all ready commited half your stack pre flop. I would recommend folding if thats all you have in your account. I personnally do not push my stack on a 1 card draw.
I would recommend taking your lose's there and fold. How did the hand finish?