Game Format
Pot Limit
Stakes
$.05/$.10
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
Here we go, yet another hand! I am only going to post to the turn on this one and will reveal the outcome of the hand later if there is enough interest to do so. My biggest question for you all (especially the veteran Omaha players) is whether or not my flop and turn bets were good.

Background: the main villain here has been a pretty tight player so far but has shown down 1-2 less than desirable hands. I've been playing for about an hour at this point, folding most of my hands and playing in position with resulted in my stack growing about $3.

Starting Stacks:
SB (Villain): $9.74
UTG: $11.52
MP (Me): $13.53

Blinds posted and UTG raises to $0.35.
Middle Position (Me) holds:js4::ah4::10h4::ad4: and I 3-bet to $0.90.
The cutoff and the button both fold, the SB calls my $0.90 as does the UTG player.
Pot is $2.65.

Flop: :6d4::9h4::kh4:

UTG checks. MP (me) bets the pot for $2.65. MY THOUGHTS: 4 outs to a nut straight (minus the queen of hearts) and a nut flush draw with an overpair to the board. With two players in, I want to get at least one of them to fold, but on a board like that, I was hoping both would and I could take the pot right there, especially with my tight image so far (literally only playing ~15% of my hands, most in position). Plus there are two aces in the deck still, but with people calling my raise preflop, I thought one of them might have an A in their hand.

Anyways, SB calls my pot size bet for $2.65. UTG folds. At this point, I'm thinking he has flopped a set of something...maybe kings? If this is true, am I at a disadvantage then? If he is drawing at a flush, that is a very bad call for him. Does he hold 7-8 for an open-ender? Just eight outs (7 outs really because I hold a ten).

The pot is now $7.65.

We go to the turn: :8d4:, putting a possible nut straight out there with a 5-7 in hand. The SB moves all in for his last $6.19. The pot is now $13.84 and it's $6.19 to me. I have $9.98 back. So, it's about a 2.2 to 1 call (is that correct?). The eight didn't help me, so I still have four Q's to the nut straight and any heart will make me the nut flush (minus the queen of hearts, that's 12 nut outs). I could catch an ace I suppose for a set, but that's not a gaurantee to win.

I call the $6.19 bet, putting $19.35 in the pot.

I'm going to stop there. As I mentioned at the top, I want to know if my flop and turn decisions were good, or did I make some fishy plays? I am pretty sure my 3-bet preflop was fine. Maybe I should have raised more preflop?

EDIT: I previously thought a Q would give me a sucker straight; I was wrong, it would give me the nut straight. My mistake...

Last edited:
Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here we go, yet another hand! I am only going to post to the turn on this one and will reveal the outcome of the hand later if there is enough interest to do so. My biggest question for you all (especially the veteran Omaha players) is whether or not my flop and turn bets were good.

Background: the main villain here has been a pretty tight player so far but has shown down 1-2 less than desirable hands. I've been playing for about an hour at this point, folding most of my hands and playing in position with resulted in my stack growing about $3.

Starting Stacks:
SB (Villain): $9.74
UTG: $11.52
MP (Me): $13.53

Blinds posted and UTG raises to $0.35.
Middle Position (Me) holds:js4::ah4::10h4::ad4: and I 3-bet to $0.90.
The cutoff and the button both fold, the SB calls my $0.90 as does the UTG player.
Pot is $2.65.

Flop: :6d4::9h4::kh4:

UTG checks. MP (me) bets the pot for $2.65. MY THOUGHTS: 4 outs to a nut straight (minus the queen of hearts) and a nut flush draw with an overpair to the board. With two players in, I want to get at least one of them to fold, but on a board like that, I was hoping both would and I could take the pot right there, especially with my tight image so far (literally only playing ~15% of my hands, most in position). Plus there are two aces in the deck still, but with people calling my raise preflop, I thought one of them might have an A in their hand.

Anyways, SB calls my pot size bet for $2.65. UTG folds. At this point, I'm thinking he has flopped a set of something...maybe kings? If this is true, am I at a disadvantage then? If he is drawing at a flush, that is a very bad call for him. Does he hold 7-8 for an open-ender? Just eight outs (7 outs really because I hold a ten).

The pot is now $7.65.

We go to the turn: :8d4:, putting a possible nut straight out there with a 5-7 in hand. The SB moves all in for his last $6.19. The pot is now $13.84 and it's $6.19 to me. I have $9.98 back. So, it's about a 2.2 to 1 call (is that correct?). The eight didn't help me, so I still have four Q's to the nut straight and any heart will make me the nut flush (minus the queen of hearts, that's 12 nut outs). I could catch an ace I suppose for a set, but that's not a gaurantee to win.

I call the $6.19 bet, putting $19.35 in the pot.

I'm going to stop there. As I mentioned at the top, I want to know if my flop and turn decisions were good, or did I make some fishy plays? I am pretty sure my 3-bet preflop was fine. Maybe I should have raised more preflop?

EDIT: I previously thought a Q would give me a sucker straight; I was wrong, it would give me the nut straight. My mistake...

No replies yet, and that's okay. I noticed a mistake I made on the turn: the eight would give someone holding 7-10 the nut straight, NOT 5-7, which would be the second nuts. I keep making mistakes in my thinking, which might be an issue as I continue to learn the game of Omaha.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
On flop you have 14 outs (about 30% to turn): 9 for a flush, 3 for straight and 2 for three of a kind. The villain call seems like a single straight draw or single flush draw... nothing too much valuable or he would have raised on flop. Maybe a two pair wanting beat a faced up Aces... Kings and QXs... I think the bet pot is good. On the turn, the 8 takes 1 out of your Q outs so now you have only two Q outs but you got more two outs of 7 with a total of 15 outs but whe he goes allin you have to consider he can have the nuts between other hands probably take a 7 of you again making you lose one out having now 14 outs again (about 30% to river). He go allin giving to you less than 30% of pot odds and it's a clear call. For any result, GG

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On flop you have 14 outs (about 30% to turn): 9 for a flush, 3 for straight and 2 for three of a kind. The villain call seems like a single straight draw or single flush draw... nothing too much valuable or he would have raised on flop. Maybe a two pair wanting beat a faced up Aces... Kings and QXs... I think the bet pot is good. On the turn, the 8 takes 1 out of your Q outs so now you have only two Q outs but you got more two outs of 7 with a total of 15 outs but whe he goes allin you have to consider he can have the nuts between other hands probably take a 7 of you again making you lose one out having now 14 outs again (about 30% to river). He go allin giving to you less than 30% of pot odds and it's a clear call. For any result, GG
Hey man, much appreciated. Thank you very much!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands