$10 NLHE Full Ring: $ : What do I do if called

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What am I doing if called here? 1st hand at table so no reads on anyone and people may not give my PFR credit. Am i pretty much done with the hand here if called. A hits my range pretty hard so I'm presuming villian has something if called. My post-flop skills are a bit rusty after a good few months without cash. Don't think i've had to play on the river for about 1000 hands lol. I'd go with bet/fold turn, if called just give up. Wha twould happen if a diamond hits, am I just giving up?

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it just me or does this make no sense at all?

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think u forgot the hand

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think he forgot to post the HH.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea apparently posting HH failed badly, sorry.

Blinds 0.05/0.1 I had black Queens in SB, 2 limpers, I raise to $0.50 BB calls everyone else folds ($1.20 in pot). Flop comes Ad Jd 7s I fire like $.80 out and BB folds.Hopefully the questions makes sense now. First time I tried to use the CC hand converter and evidently didn't do it very well.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The answer to what to do if called should rely heavily on why you're betting the flop in the first place.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I know a strong A features heavily in my range that I'm willing to raise from SB into 3 people so I'm thinkig bet the flop and try and take it down now. I suppose my queens become a semi-bluff at this point and I'm really hoping not to see any resistance.

Just thought I'd try and think what I'd do in a few different situations to brush up on my cash game skiils as I'd have been on pretty shit ground and abit puzzled if called here, expecially OOP.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Semibluff is an interesting way to justify your bet. A semibluff is betting with the worst hand to fold out better, but with a (significant) chance of improving to the best.

What better hands do we fold? (none)
How much of a chance do we have to improve to the best hand? (next to none; two outs and some backdoors)

So think about that. Essentially we can eliminate our improvement chances, so you're bluffing here. How is that a good idea?