$10 NLHE Full Ring: NL10, FR, Should i raise otr or not?

P

panost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
SB: $10.15 (101.5 bb)
BB: $3.26 (32.6 bb)
MP1: $6.53 (65.3 bb)
MP2: $10.41 (104.1 bb)
MP3: $9.78 (97.8 bb)
Hero (CO): $10.46 (104.6 bb)
BTN: $12.07 (120.7 bb)
Preflop: Hero is CO with 9 T
2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, 2 folds
Flop: ($0.75) T 9 J (3 players)
MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.48, BTN folds, MP3 calls $0.48
Turn: ($1.71) 2 (2 players)
MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.08, MP3 calls $1.08
River: ($3.87) 9 (2 players)
MP3 bets $3.70, Hero ?

Should i raise otr or not?
Qnly 5 hands with him, no reads except he doesn't rebuy and he min opens (fish?).
When he donks otr i expect from him to has JJ-TT,A9s,KQs,K9s,J9s+,A9o,KQo and maybe 98s,97s and 87s.
If i raise and he calls with all of them then it is ok to raise.
If he has tight range when he donks almost pot otr like JJ-TT,KQs,J9s,87s,KQo and calls a raise with all of them, then it is breakeven move.

Last edited:
Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it looks like slowplay but in poker we should always try to choose best decisions. As he is a fish (no full stack, 2bb opens) I believe he could even play aces this way. Imo it's a clear raise, if he will show you a full house then shit happens but his entire fish's range is much looser. You alerady said what you expect from him so I will not repeat how can his range can look alike but you are totally right. Nh.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first thought is 3-bet pre. IP i like to have hands like T9, 98 in my merged range. If called, we still have a very playable hand in pos.

I agree with a flop bet, i size a bit bigger. maybe 6BB?

I can go both ways on this turn. I probbaly bet as well, but occasionally might have a check to have some stronger hands in our checking ranges, against this villain though that might be pointless.

River, not getting out stack in here is an absoulutley ridiculous notion. I'm all in every time. I he shows me JJ, J9, the other TT good for him and we rebuy and know we got semi-coolered. Only 13 combos beat us here, opposed to lots of A9, K9, KQ, J8, 22, AA combos.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Misaki responed while i was typing up my speech, i agree with him tottaly. I had him pegged for AA, KQ, or JJ the whole way. that is 22 combos we beat, 3 we lose to. YAY!

The reason i think he has a lot of AA here is a lot of tmes idiots will min-raise to keep players in a pot with aces, a dumb and stupid idea but it is what they do.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it’s a slam dunk raise for value, we’re so far up our range and villain can potentially value bet worse hands.

I’d imagine we raise a good % of JJ and TT pre, possibly some 99 too. So this might be the top of our range, which isn’t to say we can’t overfold if we know villain is incapable of bluffing, and wouldn’t bet less than a house on a paired board, this deep we have to be incredibly sure of that to contemplate folding.

Here I think villain can value own himself.

P

panost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Misaki responed while i was typing up my speech, i agree with him tottaly. I had him pegged for AA, KQ, or JJ the whole way. that is 22 combos we beat, 3 we lose to. YAY!

The reason i think he has a lot of AA here is a lot of tmes idiots will min-raise to keep players in a pot with aces, a dumb and stupid idea but it is what they do.

Yep, i forget the AA but i don't know if he donks pot otr with AA.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first thought is 3-bet pre. IP i like to have hands like T9, 98 in my merged range. If called, we still have a very playable hand in pos.

River, not getting out stack in here is an absoulutley ridiculous notion. I'm all in every time. I he shows me JJ, J9, the other TT good for him and we rebuy and know we got semi-coolered. Only 13 combos beat us here, opposed to lots of A9, K9, KQ, J8, 22, AA combos.

I agree completely. With so many hands that Villain might call with it would criminal not to push.

P

panost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't see him donks pot and calls with J8 on this board and i can't see him calls with 22 on this flop. As i say above, i don't know if he donks pot otr with AA.
Anyway it is a clear raise vs him.