MP2: $7.84
CO: $8.32
Hero (BTN): $10.00
SB: $12.76
BB: $3.84
UTG: $12.44

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with K :club: K :heart:
UTG raises to $0.30, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.35) 4 :spade: 8 :spade: 7 :spade: (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $1.50, UTG calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.35) Q :heart: (2 players)
UTG checks hero??

Guys an unkown, opens UTG and flats a 3bet, I put him on like AK, QQ+ at this point, not sure if that is too nitty a range but for an unknown we cant say much more right? Like AA 4bets, AK and QQ flat, is it right to not give him a too fishy range at this point?

OTF its pretty shit for us without a spade, but he c/c's any AsKx QsQx in his range so i cbet.

OTT are we b/f'ing with the intention of shutting down to any Ace or spade on the river if called? Or are we just checking it back to avoid building a large pot vs someone who doesnt look like going away?

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perfect so far imo. Bet again there's a ton of spade draws in his range. You're range is too nitty for an unknown 10NL player. Even bad regs flat wider than that sometimes. Bet about $4 and call any shove.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like betting the turn. Since we don't know he could be flattish aq too possibly jj/TT. I think $3 on the turn is cool

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just shove or bet big here. Don't give unknowns any credit.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An unknown at 10nl's range for calling a 3bet, even utg vs btn, is considerably wider than AK/QQ+. Just bet for value.

Vs a reg I could see this being a bit closer of a spot but vs an unknown I just get it in.

MudWar

MudWar

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree entirely w bgomez89. You can actually extend his range to many more pp's w spade as you were both relatively deep and so he might set mine as many players at micro-stakes will do this without the correct implied odds.
I do feel that betting half the pot is fine and you can always re-evaluate if you get c-raised.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, totally got this waaaaaaay wrong, as I suspected when I seen what he had.

Thought straight away that the turn is where I screwed up so put it on from there.

I checked it back actually, due to me putting him on the nitty range, river came the As and he checked, I checked it back again (probably could have bet there as well maybe and turned my hand into a bluff) and he turns over 9s9x.

So you were all absolutely correct and his range should have been way wider than the one I gave. Not sure why I gave him the nittiest range ever as my usual plan is to treat unknowns as fish until they prove otherwise, in this case a vbet on the turn is clearly correct to charge all the one spade hands he has.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going to say don't give him a free draw if he's holding a single spade, and then I saw what he had.

MudWar

MudWar

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, when you've got a hand like an over pair while playing micro-stakes you usually only need to start worrying about the strengh of your hand once you get raised or c-raised, until that happens theres almost always extra value in continuing to bet.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure why I gave him the nittiest range ever as my usual plan is to treat unknowns as fish until they prove otherwise, in this case a vbet on the turn is clearly correct to charge all the one spade hands he has.

MUBS?